Things That Gladden The Heart

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Did you see the bright red blood moon 2 am Sunday morning , low in the n/ eastern sky. It was amazing.:eek:

Saw it earlier in the week, very impressive.

Years ago I saw a blood moon rising and it really scared the poo out of me.
It was huge, I really thought that the end of the world had come.......ps I was sober as well.:LOL:

D

Deleted member 21258

The other day, it was great to hear the music pounding out across the golf course and hearing Dancing Queen walking up the 18th, putting out as they announced the buffets ready at an evening big wedding reception.

Bought much happiness to me, been a long time since seeing/hearing that kind of stuff.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
USA losing at baseball in the Olympics. I wonder if they'll stop calling their national (or at least North American) championships the world series...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rory McIlroy playing the Olympics without wearing a cap. He has done it before in the Ryder Cup and I like it. Nice to see pros not walking around like advertising hoardings.

Agreed. The women are worse with every shoulder, lapel, collar and any other spare space on a shirt with some advert or other.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
This morning was first time back in church for me for so long…too long. Closing hymn was ‘Guide Me Oh Thou Great Jehovah’. What a great tune and great words for these difficult times, giving strength for today and hope for the future. Though encouraged to not sing too loudly - sorry but you can’t but give this great hymn laldy and laldy it was well and truly gied (albeit through a mask) ??
I know it as "Cwm Rhondda" and it certainly needs to be sung with plenty of hwyl.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spanish translations into English, inc those from officialdom. Just been reading a press release. Apparently the President has released “15 silly turtles.” Typically, at least one dodgy translation a day will raise a smile.

Miller

Visit site
Whacked a few practice balls in the garden after work. After really struggling to get anything out of the driver, I worked on my foot placement and managed to get more than a few balls over 180 yard.

Small change to most people here, but it’s a good step forward for me.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whacked a few practice balls in the garden after work. After really struggling to get anything out of the driver, I worked on my foot placement and managed to get more than a few balls over 180 yard.

Small change to most people here, but it’s a good step forward for me.

garden envy ?