Things That Gladden The Heart

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Tiny thing in the big picture but since the pandemic shut the airport the gov here have allowed the duty free shop to open an outlet to the general public,
that means if I drive to the airport I can stock up on some nice cigars at a third of retail price without travelling and there's no limit to how many I can buy (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
?
A friend got me some beef short ribs from there the other week, really cheap for the amount of meat on them. I can see myself spending a weekend in the butcher's section pretty soon lol.
If you're having a barbecue Costco is the perfect place to go. Big boxes of chicken, steaks, salmon, lamb, pork belly, even Wagyu burgers, they've got it all.

And yeah, I've got a fair few bits of golf and running clothes from there as well in the discount clothes section.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Bit of a rambling one, with bits of good and the odd irritation.

First of all I bought an iPad Pro with magic keyboard as a replacement for the broken laptop. The laptop will be repaired and sold on. But not untypically for Spain the sales assistant offered a cheaper option, a MacBook Air that was on offer at €140 off, coming in cheaper than the iPad. Rare to come across upselling here. Opted for the Pro.

The first irritation; I bought an SD card reader at another shop but the lightening connector is different - a revisit required. Next irritation; I then found out that there is no audio socket but a quick visit to the Chinese mart in the village sorted that with a pair of €20 wireless headphones. Third irritation; thankfully the onboard keyboard can be configured to English UK but the magic keyboard occasionally throws in the odd weird thing.

Well impressed with the new 12.9¨ Pro - way better than the 9¨ Pro I´ve passed on to Mrs Hobbit.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our walk this afternoon - in an area local to us that we generally drive through going from A to B, starting in a place we know but have never parked - and walking through countryside that we knew was there but had never walked. Just lovely to take time over the bits we knew - and to see ‘behind the scenes’ of what we knew as we walked. 6miles a good distance. Lovely.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After about eight or nine years as a defensive full back, I finally scored my first goal in a full match today! AND someone got it on video! And we won it 1-0 as well. ?

Always a great feeling when you score a goal. Over 20 years since I last played though.