Things That Gladden The Heart

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just spent thirty minutes watching two bats on the wing flying around the back garden and now the hedgehog that's been coming for a few weeks has arrived and munching the food (proper hedgehog food from garden centre) and is stuffing his face and wandering the flower beds looking for slugs. We're a new (ish) house on a modern estate and so good to see wildlife out and about

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Seeing the first swallows in the spring is a big one for me. This year we have the added benefit of them building a nest under the eaves. Yes I know its messy, but that can be cleaned every few days. And they can be loud but I'm happy to see them there.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have been trying to safeguard a single surviving fledgling blackbird who appears to have a death wish.
Two of his siblings have not survived one got nabbed by a Jackdaw and the other was found floating in our pool.
Ma and Paw Blackbird are on constant guard from the two neighbourhood cats and the twice daily flypast of the sparrow hawk
Paw blackbird gave the sparrow hawk a real good send off the other day, gutsy wee bird.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as this has turn into a nature watch thread, our house is currently housing TWO bee colonies. One in the wall cavity entering via a hole a drilled for the freeview coax and one in the roof. Loads of bees queuing up to get in to that one. It's funny watching them get the entrance wrong and having to fly off and make another attempt to get the right bit of wood (the bits that stick out the roof don't know what they are called) to aim for.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sat here in just me Armani Keks on a south facing back garden with a can of 1664. The grandkids are here playing with the water pirate ship. Bradley's says the water needs to go on the grass so it can grow. Layla shouts " Huh, Huh, Huh" WA WA WA "
Bliss.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as this has turn into a nature watch thread, our house is currently housing TWO bee colonies. One in the wall cavity entering via a hole a drilled for the freeview coax and one in the roof. Loads of bees queuing up to get in to that one. It's funny watching them get the entrance wrong and having to fly off and make another attempt to get the right bit of wood (the bits that stick out the roof don't know what they are called) to aim for.

HiD is in to bees in a big way now and have to say they are fascinating. Have learnt so much about how they work together and interact.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Youngest daughter is doing a degree in Environmental sciences ,just finishing first year, she is bee crazy, expect to see our own hive and marketing Fragger Honey within 2 years :)
Oh yes

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Took the daughter up the club for the first time ever. First few holes were fantastic! till the I'm bored shouts came.

bought and tried a 4i, belted it around 210 to about 12 feet, did you see that I say? Stop showing off she replied 😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
7.00 am this morning, neighbour lets his dog out onto the back garden which starts barking its head off again which sets all the other dogs off. There was a silence of a couple of seconds and someone shouts" FECKIN SHADDUP" Then you heard a window slam shut.
put a smile on Missis Ts face.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
7.00 am this morning, neighbour lets his dog out onto the back garden which starts barking its head off again which sets all the other dogs off. There was a silence of a couple of seconds and someone shouts" FECKIN SHADDUP" Then you heard a window slam shut.
put a smile on Missis Ts face.

Women easily pleased at your age:D no disrespect

D

Deleted member 15344

All my clothes and golf towels having the same smell as my lovely daughter - makes me smile all day