Thieves

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of my best mates had her house broken into yesterday, thousands of pounds worth of stuff gone, including her mums engagement ring and the jewelry her grandmother left her in her will and her step dad's citizenship card and passport (he's american so needs them obviously)... really makes my blood boil that there are people like this in our society, utterly disgusting, thieves just have no morals, they don't consider for 1 second the emotional consequences of their actions... its also the 4th time its happened this week in our area so its obviously being targeted.

Just can't even understand why people think this kind of thing is acceptable, utter scum, they belong in the sewers :rant:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not good and a poor indictment on the Police if its happened 4 times in one area. I see them staking out queues at Gregs more than I see them patrolling streets :(

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Like you say mate they are total scum. Personally I'd put them down when caught. Unfortunately they'd probably get a slap on the wrist or 1yr in a warm cell with regular meals.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a fisherman and recently there has been a spate of armed robberies! several with knives, one where a bloke was battered with a motorbike chain and recently at gunpoint!

The world is mad and is gonna get worse :(

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I am a fisherman and recently there has been a spate of armed robberies! several with knives, one where a bloke was battered with a motorbike chain and recently at gunpoint!

The world is mad and is gonna get worse :(

Sorry G1bb0 you've lost me on this 1 mate. Fisherman??

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
sorry, poorly worded, I like fishing and persue it as a hobby. what I was getting at was thefts are happening everywhere as folk are getting more and more desperate. some carp setups are worth upwards of 4-5k! (not mine I hasten to add)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We have been turned over twice.

I'm happy to go Islamic on this, and chop off hands and feet. You don't get too many reoffenders.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Touch wood the area around here has been lucky. I guess having next door at home with the kids and the other side working shifts and so coming and going at funny times makes it a harder target. No incentive to stop as punishment (if any) are lax and aimed to rehabilitate. Get them out and working even if thats just picking dog crap off the street

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had a break in on our street a whole ago. What annoyed me more is I rang the police a couple of weeks before the incident as a bloke was walking around checking out the houses without cars on the drive. Ringing the bell and looking through the windows etc. we live on a cul de sac so no reason for him to be down here really. I went to confront him as he tried one a few doors down but he had already got to the main road by the time I got there. What did the police do, nothing. I have them a full description etc. total utter scum bags tv's etc are replaceable it's the sentimental things that hurt the most. To make it worse the couple who were burgled had just had their second child days before.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never had a house broken into but back when i lived with my parents i had a decent mountain bike stolen from the shed, they cut through 3 padlocks and had to lift it over a 8ft fence to steal it.

Police said we should have made it more secure!