The Wychwood, Chipping Norton: anyone played it

Simonsmh

Visit site
Got an away day there on Thursday next week

Anyone a member or played it recently?

Any tips

Cheers
Live 2 mins away from it, only reason I’m not a full member is it gets very buggy in the winter and is often partially closed as a result. But this time of year it’s in fantastic condition, greens are great at the moment.

Only tip is watch for it for the geese:)

D

Deleted member 1418

Did this used to be called something else? Getting confused about this and Chipping Norton. Sure Chip Nort used to be 9 holes, then got extended and the course near Lyneham was called something else.

Chipping Norton is now The Cotswold Club. Played it in the summer last year and it was in good condition.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got an away day there on Thursday next week

Anyone a member or played it recently?

Any tips

Cheers

I will refer you to my favourite tip which always seems to appear in every strokesaver guide I buy at a new course : "Long and straight off the tee is advantageous on this hole..."

£5 paid for that piece of wisdom :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 18588

Thanks... got that all sorted then! Played it ages ago under previous label. Odd how 2 courses near each other have both changed names and I used to stay at Heythrop Park up the road before it had a golf curse when it was Nat West Training Centre
Did it still have the 9 hole course when you were at Heythrop?

I'm going back around 45 years.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks... got that all sorted then! Played it ages ago under previous label. Odd how 2 courses near each other have both changed names and I used to stay at Heythrop Park up the road before it had a golf curse when it was Nat West Training Centre
Yes, that's right. It's at Charlbury

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Back to the OP.
I've only played it twice, but I don't recall much that wasn't what you can see in front of you. As was said earlier, it ought to be in good nick.
Depending on the tee, choose carefully on three. Maybe play cautiously on 14.
There is a hole by hole guide on the website.
Enjoy.