The UK's odd and extreme weather patterns continue

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
The past two years must have been a total nightmare for green keepers throughout the UK.

2018 - Scorched Earth followed by Monsoons and Quagmires for Winter 2019 and now again extended dryness, heat and punishing sunshine throughout Spring 2020.

Never thought I'd say this again after last Winter's swamps but - we need rain, quite a bit of it and soon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of rain due with a low sinking south and then turning back on itself to give more rain Friday. Definitely needed but I understand next week starts to pick up so may be a short lived moment of relief.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Just in off the course and astounded at how much some of the rough has grown since Saturday. We've had some sunshine most days and the odd heavy rainfall at night but little rain during the day - that's about to change with rain forecast for all of tonight and all day tomorrow. More concerning was the wind changing direction constantly during our 18 holes tonight - weird weather.

Mandofred

Visit site
For once I'm timing it perfectly today. Going out at 8:50 this morning.....supposed to be about 6 hours of about 20% rain chance during that time before it increases again. Good enough for me. I was watering the grass in the back-yard most mornings until about a week ago.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The past two years must have been a total nightmare for green keepers throughout the UK.

2018 - Scorched Earth followed by Monsoons and Quagmires for Winter 2019 and now again extended dryness, heat and punishing sunshine throughout Spring 2020.

Never thought I'd say this again after last Winter's swamps but - we need rain, quite a bit of it and soon.
It absolutely hammered down last Saturday, and it's due to do so again today and tomorrow I think. It's June, it's not supposed to rain.