THE LIE DETECTOR

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crikey, people need to lighten up. All the OP is about is a light-hearted view on a wittily named hole that references a golfing in-joke. The righteous indignation (not sure this is quite the right term but it’s close enough to my meaning) that some have shown here is unnecessary. It’s just a friendly forum, relax.
Hahaha.... I see you ain't been here long :p:p May need to review your involvement. ;);)

Hackers76

Visit site
About 240 for me in the summer. Don’t get much roll so recently bought a low spin driver in the hope this changes things up, looking forward to seeing how it delivers once the ground firms up and I learn how to use it!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My rule is to only take driver on holes over 360 yards, I drive around 220-240 so should leave me a short iron in if I hit a good drive.

Under 360 I take a club to suit the hole, often my 4 iron on the shorter ones which goes about 180 yards, leaving me a short iron in. The longer ones suit a 3 wood or hybrid to get me the 200 yards I need to get green side in 2.

I’m aiming for a par here so just need to leave a decent two putt or up and down.

Of course this rule often gets “modified” to 340 as I’m just not the golfer Iused to be.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My rule is to only take driver on holes over 360 yards, I drive around 220-240 so should leave me a short iron in if I hit a good drive.

Under 360 I take a club to suit the hole, often my 4 iron on the shorter ones which goes about 180 yards, leaving me a short iron in. The longer ones suit a 3 wood or hybrid to get me the 200 yards I need to get green side in 2.

I’m aiming for a par here so just need to leave a decent two putt or up and down.

Of course this rule often gets “modified” to 340 as I’m just not the golfer Iused to be.
great idea, take the 4 iron on 340 yards hole and duff it 120, leaving you with 220... or your 3 goals meth... 3 PW's:ROFLMAO:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is this 300 American yards, or 300 British yards?;)
Well, the answer to that/both is 'Yes' (unlike 300 American vs British Gallons)!

But perhaps if asked as 'American 300 yards or British 300 yards' there might (indeed too likely to) be a difference.