The Director of the '80's classics!?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Just heard that John Hughes is dead. Okay, forget about Home Alone, but 'The Breakfast Club', Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller, Some Kind Of Wonderful. Everyone a piece of movie 'era' history. Especially at a time when cinema audiences were disappearing due to the VHS video market.

Kids just wouldn't 'dig' these kind of movies today. No superhero, no explosions, no set pieces. Hell. Not even any really hot, half naked 'chicks'! They don't know what they're missing.

Which brings me back to my other thread on here. "You know you're getting old when....." QED.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Pretty in pink is still one of my all time favs

The film was, and is, fine.

But I remember the music more favourably. The Psychedelic Furs were a great band. Only 3 albums that I remember, but Talk Talk Talk was a classic of it's day. Every song was about the same failed relationship if I remember rightly ( maybe :D ).

Brilliant lyrics. I was never quite sure what 'Into you like a train' was all about :eek:

mattyb0y

Head Pro
Visit site
Kids just wouldn't 'dig' these kind of movies today. No superhero, no explosions, no set pieces. Hell. Not even any really hot, half naked 'chicks'! They don't know what they're missing.

Speak for your self! im 21 (dont kno if that is classed as a kid) and yes some of these films were b4 me time! but non the less....

And i think some of the films above are amazing! Especially Ferris Bueller's day off!

Brilliant!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk

Speak for your self! im 21 (dont kno if that is classed as a kid) and yes some of these films were b4 me time! but non the less....

And i think some of the films above are amazing! Especially Ferris Bueller's day off!

Brilliant!

Ah ha! There is hope. ;)

I was of course generalising in my first post. Tut tut!