The Bucket List

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched The Bucket Lists last night where Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman play two terminally ill pensioners who have top squeeze as many 'things to do before you die' into 6 months and it got me wondering :

What would be on your Bucket List of say ... 10 things to do before you kick the bucket???

Mine would be:

5. To swim with dolphins somewhere tropical. I did scuba diving for 5 years before taking up golf but have only seen seals before.

4. To see the Grand Canyon and do the walk of faith (horse shoe shaped perspex path over the canyon)

3. Race around a track in a touring car.

2. Play golf at The Old Course. I have walked it numerous times (last Sunday was the most recent pilgrimage) but never set spikes on the hallowed fairways of St Andrews.

1. To go to Augusta for the Masters and NOT wear beige shorts, bum bag and holler Yo' da man !!!!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
4. To see the Grand Canyon and do the walk of faith (horse shoe shaped perspex path over the canyon)........

I've done the Grand Canyon and at the spot where the walk of faith is.....however , it was only just in the planning stage then so i never had the pleasure of doing the walk but the Canyon itself is awesome !!!

My list would include :

1. Play the top 10 courses in the GM top 100 list

2. Go big game fishing in Mauritius

3. Watch England win the world cup in South Africa 2010 ( well , you didn't say we couldn't dream :) )

4. Visit Antartica

5. Take Kylie out for dinner

6. Be able to fit into a pair of 32" waisted trousers ( Although TBH , there's more chance of number 5 happening :D !!! )

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not in any particular order but.

1. Play at least 10 of the worlds top courses.
2. Play football with Eric Cantona.
3. Drive through Europe in a new Nissan GT-R
4. Have Children and teach them how to swing like err me :D
5. Make a longer Bucket list.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I'm quite lucky, in so much that I've done quite a few of the things I always wanted to do. Swim with dolphins in the wild, (whilst on a yacht delivery trip), and in Florida at a park in Miami. I've sailed across the Atlantic and Med. I've driven single seaters at Brands Hatch. Sailed through hurricane force winds in the Bay Of Biscay. Been lucky enough to have dated some very good looking women. Done some 'glamourous' jobs. Met some fantastic people. I have two wonderful kids and a great wife. Learnt how to fly gliders, and flown small fixed wing aircraft.

All I need to do now is earn some damn money after dossing around doing the things I liked doing.

However, there's always more. But it would focus more on being a great dad to my kids and being able to provide them with some of their dreams.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Id love to
1. "Do Vegas" with no fear of running out of funds for the rest of the holiday including a road trip from the east coastr to the west coast.
2. Play Augusta
3. Play St Andrews (my brothers club run an annual 16 members tour and play the old Course and a few others over a week trip, lucky dogs)
4. Watch one of my daughters play on the Ladies tour (though thats a fair bit off as the eldest is 5!)
5. Same as Nomadpaul, fit back into a pair of 32's though Id be happy with 34's haha.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
lose a lot of weight, get healthy and live enough years to complete the list

play 10 class courses - two on each continent
or play one round in every country

swim the channel

be able to free-dive

go whale watching in Antartica (on a boat armed with 30 mm cannon)

safari in Africa, while there are enough animals alive to see

to really see the aurora borealis (only saw a bit before) and the aurora australis

to drive the Paris - Dakar

to play Amen Corner under par.

to see earth from space

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have been lucky enough to do plenty in my 28 years, some of this is a bit rough and at the time it certainly was not a thrill but the following are some 'experiences'.

Caribbean and Med Diving,
Racing cars legally and otherwise,
Big game fishing,
Swam with Dolphins, small sharks and stingrays.
Been caught in riots (and talked my way out of a sure death),
Had my (mums) house wrecked in a bomb,
Watched armed robbers being caught by police,
Been knocked down,
Been bashed off my bike by a car,
Had 11 car accidents (most on the stock car track),
Broke my back - simple op sorted me out,
Had one of my arteries cut in an operation, surgeon forgot to it sew back together, I woke up and casually told the nurse to help fast, before I bleed to death.

I don’t have a bucket list but I have 10 wishes -
So-
1) Get the family financially secure
2) Freefall skydive - the last buzz
3) reach single figures
4) Give everyone in my family a kiss, hug and tell them what the mean to me - soppy but I have a close relative who terminally ill and am afraid of the goodbye kiss.
5) Get a 1:2 or 1:1 degree, work in progress
6) Hire a restaurant and chief just for me and HID, done it once but it was that good I would do it again.
7) Ban TV soaps and reality TV.
8) Play a Pro-am
9) Watch my son in a school play.
10) Make a positive advance in my work area of speciality.
11) Learn to spell without having to cut and paste into word before posting

Shazza

Visit site
I have been lucky enough to play Old Course (special deal in February)

My bucket list would include:

Horse back riding in Wyoming - cattle drive
Play a round of golf with Laira Davis
Have the courage to bungy jump!!!!
Learn to deep sea dive
Get my handicap down to 3 !!!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good subject , heres mine
1. Bring my dad back to golf with me and my 2 boys (he died 12 yrs ago.
2. Have the heart to go on roller coaster ( i'm the tinman )
3. See Scotland be higher placed than England in the football rankings
4. Play golf at Pinehurst with Payne Stewart (Met him in St Andrews just before his plane crash really nice guy
5. Get to single figures to stop my brother saying i should play from the ladies tees
6. See my youngest son play for Scotland at Hampden
7. Win the lottery so i could play golf every day
8. Marlin fishing in the Seychelles saw when i was there before looked amazing
9. Play Pebble Beach
10.Be healthy long enough to keep playing this great game of ours.