The Boston Celtics are the 2023-2024 National Basketball Association Champions

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Our baseball team, the Boston Red Sox,
our football team, the New England Patriots,
and our hockey team, the Boston Bruins
all play like coed intramural beer league teams at my sobriety-challenged Alma Mater..

The Celtics HAD to win or we'd come up empty again.

Asian Dawn

Banned
Visit site
The Boston Bruins who won the President's Trophy for the best regular season in 2022/23 and have made the playoffs every year for god knows how long. And won their first round playoff this year? Those Boston Bruins?

Mandofred

Visit site
I used to root for the Celtics when I was a kid. Then switched to the Trail blazers when Portland got a team, I grew up 50 miles north of Portland. The only pro team I root for now for anything is the Seattle Mariners.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seen the Pats at Wembley a couple of times, seen the Red Sox at Fenway. Loved watching both. Gutted the Pat were away at Baltimore when I was in Boston. Boston I loved. New York. Not my kinda Town.

Had a lovely Greyhound bus ride up to Plymouth to the plantation. 👍

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Seen the Pats at Wembley a couple of times, seen the Red Sox at Fenway. Loved watching both. Gutted the Pat were away at Baltimore when I was in Boston. Boston I loved. New York. Not my kinda Town.

Had a lovely Greyhound bus ride up to Plymouth to the plantation. 👍
I was the same, loved Boston much more than New York.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I love Boston.
I like New York, but my favorite watering hole, BB King's on 42nd Street, shut down.
Mulberry Street in Little Italy isn't what it used to be either. Times change everywhere, I guess.

I also like London a lot, but it does shut down a bit early.
Sometimes, the night doesn't have time to start.
Leave a West End show and there isn't much to do afterward.

Las Vegas, in contrast, doesn't shut down at all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also like London a lot, but it does shut down a bit early.
Sometimes, the night doesn't have time to start.
Leave a West End show and there isn't much to do afterward.
The one time I've been to New York, one night my son and I went to a Mets game, wife and daughter went to see a Broadway show. My wife was worried about coming out after the show, would it be eerily quiet, would they feel safe. She laughs about it now, the place couldn't have been busier. We met up, had an ice cream in a place about 11pm or so. Not sure if parts of Manhattan ever close or get quiet. We must look very tame if comparison.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The one time I've been to New York, one night my son and I went to a Mets game, wife and daughter went to see a Broadway show. My wife was worried about coming out after the show, would it be eerily quiet, would they feel safe. She laughs about it now, the place couldn't have been busier. We met up, had an ice cream in a place about 11pm or so. Not sure if parts of Manhattan ever close or get quiet. We must look very tame if comparison.
You don't look the least bit lame.
Merely subdued.

I remember seeing an Oscar DeLaHoya fight in Madison Square Garden with my son and daughter.
My wife hates boxing and soaked in her hotel room's tub, drinking wine, instead.

It was a must take because DeLaHoya didn't fight on the East Coast very often.
The other time I caught one of his fights, it was in Vegas where most of them took place.

It was a pleasant evening and we walked back to the hotel after the fights rather than hailing a cab.
If it were the 1970s, say, we wouldn't have dreamt of doing that.
In recent decades, it's as safe as London.

Still, seeing the London cops with no guns always made me a little nervous.
We'll never have that in Boston or New York, I imagine.
We can't. Even the grannies are armed, unfortunately.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Ye Olde Boomer the guns comment is an interesting one. It's what you are used to. I feel nervous seeing police officers anywhere in the world carrying a gun. I'm off on holiday on Saturday. There will be armed police at the airport and I feel deeply uncomfortable seeing that. For you, it gives you comfort, a sense of security. No criticism, different cultures.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave said this before, New York as a City did not tick many boxes for me, but Boston. Yes please. Just loved the City, the vibe but most importantly the people. I could ask why the difference between new Yorkers and Bostonians. But I know the answer when I know the difference between the lovable Geordies ( and others from the north east Boomer 😘) and other areas of the UK.