The belfry?

Cainy5d

Visit site
Hi all, I have a voucher to play at the belfry this year and just wanted to get your opinions on which course is best to play?
Thanks

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Of the 3 courses, I preferred the PGA. The Brabazon has some lovely holes on it but I do feel that it slightly over rated but saying that, no one ever says "I've played the Belfry" and not meant the Brabazon.

Go Brabazon if you are able to

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hi all, I have a voucher to play at the belfry this year and just wanted to get your opinions on which course is best to play?
Thanks

If you can make a mini break of it. Use your voucher for the Brabazon, playing anytime from May and I doubt you’ll be disappointed. Then there are always cracking deals on last minute for the pga.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thanks

To be honest if you have a voucher for one course it has to be the Brabazon just to tick off the bucket list. However if that isn't a huge requirement the PGA is a better course, usually in better condition and I've always found it less busy

D

Deleted member 18588

To be honest if you have a voucher for one course it has to be the Brabazon just to tick off the bucket list. However if that isn't a huge requirement the PGA is a better course, usually in better condition and I've always found it less busy

You may think it is a better course although having played it a number of times I find it featureless and boring.

However your lack of knowledge of the venue shows when you suggest that the PGA is usually in better condition.

The Brabazon is not a great course but it is always in great condition.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You may think it is a better course although having played it a number of times I find it featureless and boring.

However your lack of knowledge of the venue shows when you suggest that the PGA is usually in better condition.

The Brabazon is not a great course but it is always in great condition.

Felt much the same about parts of the Brabazon apart from the famous holes. The rest isn't that interesting. The PGA has always been in decent condition when I've played it although that has usually been summer or Autumn. Know plenty about the venue as been there a number of times for conferences and golf

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Surely got to play the brabazon?
I played it a few weeks ago and loved it!

I thought the place was quality and will definitely be heading back soon to play the PGA but if I could only pick one course it would have to be the brabazon.

D

Deleted member 15344

The PGA is a better course in terms of layout but the Brabazon is always streets ahead of the other courses and others in terms of condition - normally immaculate. If it’s a voucher for a freebie then would have that for the Brabazon then add a night stay plus the PGA

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I found it perfectly ok, no it's not Sunningdale but it's well presented, good greens and some history

D

Deleted member 18588

Felt much the same about parts of the Brabazon apart from the famous holes. The rest isn't that interesting. The PGA has always been in decent condition when I've played it although that has usually been summer or Autumn. Know plenty about the venue as been there a number of times for conferences and golf

The PGA may have been in decent condition but you claimed it's generally in better condition than the Brabazon.

Rubbish!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the Brabazon - did not have my game though, it was great. Could have really played it better and lower.
played the other course not the PGA, as my Dad is in his 70s and not an experienced golfer. That was good, the pin positions would /could make it a challenge. But sometimes it’s about the experience and enjoying the game with someone important.