The Astbury Shropshire

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
The metal legend bought Astbury Hall near Bridgnorth in 1985 and has since developed a top-of-the-range 18-hole course within its grounds, with the ambition of hosting the Open Championship.

I want some of what this guy is taking. Its a terrible course apart from the 18th.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The metal legend bought Astbury Hall near Bridgnorth in 1985 and has since developed a top-of-the-range 18-hole course within its grounds, with the ambition of hosting the Open Championship.

I want some of what this guy is taking. Its a terrible course apart from the 18th.

I dont see how you can say its terrible at all. the conditioning for such a new course was fantastic when i visited, A number of the holes are great.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site

Glad somebody agrees 🤔 featureless and boring.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Overall it's not terrible nor is it great

Conditioning is always good (super greens/tees/fw's)

Great VENUE (clubhouse/WOW factor)

The welcome is always good

Great 18th hole (good 6th/10th and the par 3' are OK)

I just find the course a bit bland (needs to mature). There's little definition so I struggle to 'see' the tee shots, not that it matters too much as there's no rough

However, I hope they sort something out and KK doesn't lose his dream (although hosting the Open was only ever a pipe dream it could host say a Challenge Tour event)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont see how you can say its terrible at all. the conditioning for such a new course was fantastic when i visited, A number of the holes are great.

i thought it was very dull too. especially the front 9. the green where fantastic though

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Always seemed to be way too cheap for the standard of maintenance etc they were presenting, especially without annual memberships supporting it. Constant deals on as well so never at the advertised rate

Last edited: