Thanks Everyone - Change of Attitude

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all.

You may remember around a month or so ago I posted saying I was thinking of giving up? It was met with some sympathetic responses, so not so sympathetic responses but albeit very constructive, and well... the less said about the other responses the better.

I took what most people said on board. I took some time off and relaxed. As soon as the thought of golf entered my head I'd immediately shake it off. When I thought I was ready to play again. I took some more of what people said on board. I asked myself the question, why am I really playing this game? And I guess the bottom line was no matter how good I wanted to be, or how much I wanted to improve. I want to play this game for fun. And it's hard to have fun when you're beating yourself up for 4 hours straight!

Anyway, my return coincided with having to play my semi final knockout match at short notice. And today without my new found attitude, I got through the round unscathed, with a 2&1 win and a place in the final.

Sorry for the rambling, self indulgent post. But I guess I just want to say thanks to those who offered me constructive advice. It is very much appreciated.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
That's golf for you, but great your enthusiasm is back. I try and take the view that's it's never going to be my living so, ultimately, enjoying a game is really all that matters

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great news just do the same in the final.
As a golfer finals are few and far between so you must enjoy it.
win or lose it is only a game.
Good luck.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Always said on here that when you bare your soul, you get met with the good the bad and the ugly. Get rid of the ugly, it never helps anyone.
The bad and good can help you. the good tends to border on the lines of " your not alone/ the only one/ we have all been there.
The bad is what you need to hear without being personal, insulting or ugly. That aside you can get as much advice as you want on this site, but the bottom line is that as you have done, you have to suss it out yourself. Glad you smashed it me man in the semi and chill in the final 👍😁

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all.

You may remember around a month or so ago I posted saying I was thinking of giving up? It was met with some sympathetic responses, so not so sympathetic responses but albeit very constructive, and well... the less said about the other responses the better.

I took what most people said on board. I took some time off and relaxed. As soon as the thought of golf entered my head I'd immediately shake it off. When I thought I was ready to play again. I took some more of what people said on board. I asked myself the question, why am I really playing this game? And I guess the bottom line was no matter how good I wanted to be, or how much I wanted to improve. I want to play this game for fun. And it's hard to have fun when you're beating yourself up for 4 hours straight!

Anyway, my return coincided with having to play my semi final knockout match at short notice. And today without my new found attitude, I got through the round unscathed, with a 2&1 win and a place in the final.

Sorry for the rambling, self indulgent post. But I guess I just want to say thanks to those who offered me constructive advice. It is very much appreciated.

Hey fella, I'm really pleased for you.
More than once I've wondered why I bother, having returned home in a bad mood after another disappointing round. Every now and again I sort myself out by playing this,

https://youtu.be/U-8wUgqQiJE

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always said on here that when you bare your soul, you get met with the good the bad and the ugly. Get rid of the ugly, it never helps anyone.
The bad and good can help you. the good tends to border on the lines of " your not alone/ the only one/ we have all been there.
The bad is what you need to hear without being personal, insulting or ugly. That aside you can get as much advice as you want on this site, but the bottom line is that as you have done, you have to suss it out yourself. Glad you smashed it me man in the semi and chill in the final 👍😁

Great post , Tashyboy :thup:

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
What a great post to read as we've all been through various slumps in form / motivation over this wonderful game of ours, it's how we then bounce back that counts, and ultimately scores don't matter as it's not paying any of our mortgages, it's all about being able to enjoy it.
GBC

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a load of smelly stuff. I'm thinking of giving the game up and I'm in a semi final!!!!!!! Oh boo hooo you. What utter rot. Try getting knocked out in the first / second round every damn year for every year I've been a member of a club (8 years) and saying each year that I'm going to try even harder and maybe be still in the comp by August, and it never even gets close to happening, to the point where a joker mate suggested I play in the scratch KO as I couldn't do any worse and so I did enter it this year and was destroyed by a scratch player, well as least I expected this, but hell fire I could have been 4 up after four if I had sunk the putts I had, he had a shocking start. Hang on I've made this about me....back to you. waaaaaaahhhhh booooo hoooo sob sob. You're in a FINAL! Sheeeeesh !

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a load of smelly stuff. I'm thinking of giving the game up and I'm in a semi final!!!!!!! Oh boo hooo you. What utter rot. Try getting knocked out in the first / second round every damn year for every year I've been a member of a club (8 years) and saying each year that I'm going to try even harder and maybe be still in the comp by August, and it never even gets close to happening, to the point where a joker mate suggested I play in the scratch KO as I couldn't do any worse and so I did enter it this year and was destroyed by a scratch player, well as least I expected this, but hell fire I could have been 4 up after four if I had sunk the putts I had, he had a shocking start. Hang on I've made this about me....back to you. waaaaaaahhhhh booooo hoooo sob sob. You're in a FINAL! Sheeeeesh !

Just to clarify. The reason I was thinking about giving up was not because I was in a semi final. It was because I had literally gone from playing the best golf of my life, to not being able to get the ball off the ground and I was concerned about making a fool of myself in upcoming events. Or is that idea still not clear?