Thank You Very Much English Summer

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There is a deep depression over Berkshire that will be slow moving.

Was due to play a golf course called Temple this morning (near Henley) with one of my normal Saturday crowd as Ascot is down to 12 holes for the racing (helicopter landings) and was really up for it as it is a course I have heard good things about especially the views.

Woke up this morning to a heavy drizzle but according to the weather it was suppose to get better. Packed the waterproofs and a few spare gloves/towels in case and waited for him to pick me up at 7.45 as agreed. At 7.40 he called to say he was running late and asked if I was still up for it as he didn't really fancy going and paying the green fee just to get wet for a friendly game of golf.

Told him I was up for it and that it was suppose to get better but he didn't want to go. He said he might try and see if he could get a game tomorrow (depending on whether HID gives him permission - but you wouldn't want to argue with her if she says no! and family committments). Chances are it will be a no.

Not happy so it looks like no golf for me this weekend. Oh well - is that the call of the range I can hear!!

B

birdieman

We're alright up north at the moment but the forecast for tomorrow (1st rd of club champs) is awful - wet, windy and 9 degrees, the stuff you've got down south today. It is June isn't it, not March?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got 9 holes in that weren't planned last night so I am fairly happy as like you I can't see me getting any golf in over the weekend, the weather looks awful all day today and is supposed to be intermittent showers tomorrow so I may be lucky but I'm not holding my breath.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been pisisting it down since the minute I finished work, :mad: never let up and not looking likely to today.
Taking my lad to a rally experience tomorrow so no golf for me this weekend unless I can sneak a few holes in when we get back in the afternoon.

Played the worst golf of the year on Thursday so need to get that out of my system. Was striking the ball well but couldn't hit a fairway and had a S***k

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its been miserable in Dublin today-played at 8-10 this morning and it rained like monsoon season for the whole round-only now ae teh clubs, gloves waterproofs drying out.

Playing the medal tomorrow and the forecast is for more of the same-looks like a tough auld day tomorrow. Patience will be the key.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mid Winter down here and played in shorts on Thursday :cool: Frost first thing Saturday but full on Comp, no temporary greens no mats but trolly ban till 10am.

15 degrees at 12 noon, ;) ;)

Red_Eyes

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played Hilltop in Brum on Sunday morning. The course is called Hilltop for a reason. Posted under 120 for the first time. And for the first time used Stableford scoring and managed 19 points. Well it's something to work off.

Really enjoyed it.

However, I have a sunburnt head. Bloody wind I fall for it every time.