Thank you for all the tips guys :) a blob free weekend :)

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips last week I went out and played both Saturday and Sunday not the best scores 32 points on Sat and 34 points Sun :) but both rounds were completely BLOB FREE :):):)

Very happy bunny can't wait till tonight to get in some more on course practice :)

Thanks guys

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
so many things :) keeping my posture ensuring my distance from the ball was good. Making sure I am turning my body maintaining my triangle and slowing it down a bit. Also making sure I kept my right elbow close and feel like i am pulling it in to start the down swing.

All you have to do is keep the ball in play :)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All you have to do is keep the ball in play :)

So true! I broke 80 a couple of times last year towards the end of the season and both times it wasn't as if I made lots of birdies it was just keeping the doubles (or worse) off the card, hoping to find that magic formula again earlier this year, really should have written it down ;)

How long did it take you to go from 27.5 to 17?

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How long did it take you to go from 27.5 to 17?

I was 27.5 for 18 months then winter 2010 started playing really well between November and March 2011 won 3 club comps 1 with 51 points with all my competition results being in the top 10 with a few 2nd and 3rd places. Then in the March handicap review they took me down to 19.5 a massive 6 shot cut from 25.5. (quite right too :))

I then played another couple of months really well and got it to 16.8 but then shortly after my best ever round of 73 gross (4 over par) everything went to pot. I have struggles since.

I was having a lot of lessons in 2010 and over the end of 2011 but I have only over the last week seen shots I used to play. I think it all went to my head a little every up has a down.

I do tend to practice 3 to 4 times a week every week on and off course.

I really want to break into single figures :).

Last edited:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really want to break into single figures :).

Great progress chap, and if you're capable of shooting 73 I'm sure single figures isn't an unreasonable goal, I know what you mean about the ups and downs! We can only hope for more ups, less downs, and the humility to treat them both the same :)

thelank1985

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So true laugh at the downs cheer for the ups :)

I applied for the PING challenge this year so I am keeping everything crossed to get accepted :) only 4 shall pass lol

you have to set targets tho :)
Handicap.jpg