Thailand

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Few shots of my most recent trip to Thailand.
This first one is Bangphra just outside of Pattaya. Nice course, very fast greens with a few severe slopes. There are also a couple of holes that run alongside the jungle and are home to troops of monkeys that just show no fear. Makes a bit of a hook an interesting second shot!

Attachments

• BP1.jpg
    BP1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 154
  • BP2.jpg
    BP2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 111
  • BP3.jpg
    BP3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 101
  • BP4.jpg
    BP4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 99
  • BP5.jpg
    BP5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 98
  • BP7.jpg
    BP7.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 98
  • BP8.jpg
    BP8.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 98
  • BP9.jpg
    BP9.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 99
  • BP10.jpg
    BP10.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 88

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will be in that neck of the woods in November,what are the green fees like? Did you hire clubs or take your own? And if you hired how much? Many thanks mate,I can't wait to go there,never been outside Europe before! Indeed,do you have any more pics of the course? Ta bud! ;-)

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi mate, I take my own clubs and play with a society run from a bar in Pattaya (of which there are many). You are looking at about 2000bht (£40) all in for breakfast, transport to and from and green fees. It is possible to do it cheaper with a PSC (Pattaya Sports Club) membership if you've got your own transport. I've played with the same group for the last five or six years so prefer to stick with them for a no hassle option.
Regards taking your own, if you fly with Etihad or Emirates then they both allow golf clubs for free. Not sure which carriers fly from Stoctland though. I can reccomend both of them, I never fly with anyone else.
I've got pics of a few other courses. I'll stick some up when I get chance

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi mate, I take my own clubs and play with a society run from a bar in Pattaya (of which there are many). You are looking at about 2000bht (£40) all in for breakfast, transport to and from and green fees. It is possible to do it cheaper with a PSC (Pattaya Sports Club) membership if you've got your own transport. I've played with the same group for the last five or six years so prefer to stick with them for a no hassle option.
Regards taking your own, if you fly with Etihad or Emirates then they both allow golf clubs for free. Not sure which carriers fly from Stoctland though. I can reccomend both of them, I never fly with anyone else.
I've got pics of a few other courses. I'll stick some up when I get chance

Thanks a bunch mate,much appreciated! I will be going to Kata beach in Phuket now,but I will have a look out for local societies,cheers!

Sharktooth

Head Pro
Chiang Mai, Thailand and anywhere there is H2O
Visit site
Deke Phuket is quite a hike from Pattaya where Mark has played, but there are some decent courses down there as well. Strangely enough I live in Thailand but will be in Scotland in November. Thanks mark regarding etihad and emirates... when I buy my new pings in November I don't wanna pay excess!

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
More pics as promised, sorry its been a while. This is Khao Kheow Country Club, lovely course.

Attachments

• KK1.jpg
    KK1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 30
  • KK2.jpg
    KK2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 27
  • KK3.jpg
    KK3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
  • KK4.jpg
    KK4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33
  • KK5.jpg
    KK5.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 29
  • KK6.jpg
    KK6.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 41
  • KK7.jpg
    KK7.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 34
  • KK8.jpg
    KK8.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 28
  • KK9.jpg
    KK9.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 26
  • kk10.jpg
    kk10.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 27
  • KK11.jpg
    KK11.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 27

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Few of my home course Lanna, just outside of Chiang Mai. Not played here for a few years now but used to be great value.

Attachments

• L1.jpg
    L1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 35
  • L2.jpg
    L2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 35
  • l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 27
  • l4.jpg
    l4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
  • l5.jpg
    l5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 29
  • l6.jpg
    l6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 26

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Deke Phuket is quite a hike from Pattaya where Mark has played, but there are some decent courses down there as well. Strangely enough I live in Thailand but will be in Scotland in November. Thanks mark regarding etihad and emirates... when I buy my new pings in November I don't wanna pay excess!

Just seen you're in CM. I've not played up there for a while now, anywhere you'd recommend currently? I'll be back January some time, not sure for how long but at least a month, let me know if you're about and fancy a round.

Mark

Sharktooth

Head Pro
Chiang Mai, Thailand and anywhere there is H2O
Visit site
Just seen you're in CM. I've not played up there for a while now, anywhere you'd recommend currently? I'll be back January some time, not sure for how long but at least a month, let me know if you're about and fancy a round.

Mark

Sorry I missed this post Mark. I'm going back offshore this week, so won't be around. Dunno if you played or not, but Lanna has gone down hill a wee bit. Was there last week and it was utter chaos on the first tee, not too mention six soi dogs wandering around and two of them 'having it off' on the fairway! Stardome is also chaos and blatantly anti-farang, so I won't play there anymore. I reckon Royal Chiang Mai is the best around. Hope you enjoyed yourself mate.

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Pleasant Valley

Short course, couple of reachable par4's for the 300 club ;) Patchy in places but quite a well laid out track. Shot a three over front nine which was nice :)

Attachments

• PV2.jpg
    PV2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 11
  • PV3.jpg
    PV3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10
  • PV5.jpg
    PV5.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PV7.jpg
    PV7.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PV8.jpg
    PV8.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PV9.jpg
    PV9.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Bangphra

Lightning fast sloping greens downhill puts are unstopable! Nice course with lots of monkeys to watch if the golf is rubbish ;)

Attachments

• BP2.jpg
    BP2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 9
  • BP6.jpg
    BP6.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 10
  • BP7.jpg
    BP7.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 8
  • BP9.jpg
    BP9.jpg