Tesla

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After rallying by 200bn over recent weeks, Tesla is now worth circa $1.06 trillion (1060 billion - and Musk now worth at least 50bn more than Bezos. They sell around half a million cars and are now worth more than the rest of the global auto manufacturers combined - and several of those other companies produce near 10m each (VW, Toyota, Stella's GM etc). This is madness on a grand scale!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After rallying by 200bn over recent weeks, Tesla is now worth circa $1.06 trillion (1060 billion - and Musk now worth at least 50bn more than Bezos. They sell around half a million cars and are now worth more than the rest of the global auto manufacturers combined - and several of those other companies produce near 10m each (VW, Toyota, Stella's GM etc). This is madness on a grand scale!

makes more money from its crypto holding (and propaganda) than it does from its cars

D

Deleted member 23270

Sold my Tesla shares earlier this week as I thought they have just about peaked :rolleyes:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

... but is it a car company or a tech company that also makes cars? As a tech co, it is valued at par with FAANG. Also Boring and SpaceX in there somewhere. They did benefit a lot from carbon credits and also from Elon talking up cryptos. FSD is the new buzzword in the tesla world. They are now selling insurance based on FSD scores.

I cant complain. Couple of years ago, i tried to buy a Model 3. Needed 8k for the finance deal. Just did not work out. So put that 8k into Tesla stocks. Since then i can afford a model 3 outright with some change.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
... but is it a car company or a tech company that also makes cars? As a tech co, it is valued at par with FAANG. Also Boring and SpaceX in there somewhere. They did benefit a lot from carbon credits and also from Elon talking up cryptos. FSD is the new buzzword in the tesla world. They are now selling insurance based on FSD scores.

I cant complain. Couple of years ago, i tried to buy a Model 3. Needed 8k for the finance deal. Just did not work out. So put that 8k into Tesla stocks. Since then i can afford a model 3 outright with some change.

who cares what it is categorised as - it is a very overvalued company that predominantly makes cars and been lucky with crypto and selling carbon credits. I would make a big wager that in 5 years time the value of all the other car companies will be worth a lot more than tesla

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hertz have ordered 100,000 Tesla’s. I think the rental market is the place for more electric cars.

I have a courtesy car at the moment although a hybrid it has been quite a revelation 60+MPG from a car with quite good performance except for uphill acceleration.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a courtesy car at the moment although a hybrid it has been quite a revelation 60+MPG from a car with quite good performance except for uphill acceleration.

My Kia Cee'd diesel gets 60+ mpg and also goes well when going up hills!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Kia Cee'd diesel gets 60+ mpg and also goes well when going up hills!

My old Peugeot 308 Estate 2l Diesel Automatic would do 60 mpg but the emphasis is on would. In the main I got just under 50.

I guess it depends on driving style and what type of driving you do in the main. I have never been one to worry about how economical I am with the accelerator.

Personally I would not be bothered about buying another diesel (have gone to 1.2 turbo petrol) I now do around 6k a year.