TaylorMade GAPR - " Tested by You " Reader opportunity

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't wish to sound smug, but I've got the biggest gin ever, because I received an email today to say I am one one of the lucky guys to be selected for this, Happy Days!

Can't wait, should be a great afternoon, really looking forward to the fitting and playing a few holes with GM Team at West Hill

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Enjoy it, I was lucky enough to picked for the Motocaddy test. Loved very minute of it! Course was bone dry at the time which was a shame, the chaps from GM were brilliant! Can't wait to hear about it!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Enjoy it mate. I was lucky enough to get fitted up for a set of mizuno wedges back in February.
It was a good day and I think its great that GM give us guys these opportunities. 👍

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Enjoy it mate. I was lucky enough to get fitted up for a set of mizuno wedges back in February.
It was a good day and I think its great that GM give us guys these opportunities. 👍

Magazine needs content, manufacturers need publicity, we get new clubs and other opportunities, win win win,
One of the many reasons why this forum is a great place 👍

EamonnC

Visit site
I'm looking forward to receiving a set of Yonex Elite 2 irons for a 'Tested by You' feature.
Thanks to GM and Yonex!

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Well after the GM fitting day I have had the GAPR Mid 4 in my bag for a while now, so some feed back on whether its on the naughty step or not.

Firstly I will freely admit that Its not a club I would walk into a golf shop as say wow must try that, certainly at the price point they launched at, but trust me looks are defiantly misleading with this club

Now bearing in mind i am in the twilight of of my golfing years, I need all the help a club can give me and does this deliver, oh my lord does it, very hot of the face and I can hit it low, high off the fairway and out of the semi rough, I find it to be so forgiving, not a magic wand, but very easily to hit and miss strike are not savagely punished.

When they came out I must admit I scoffed at the marketing hype, but for me i find it so versatile, not more hooky hybrids for me they have been Ebayed, however I will admit I have kept my U-Z65 4 iron in the bag, but that's more because it's so pretty.

Please, if you are looking for versatile club that be a Driving Iron and Hybrid, and are looking for a few extra yards from long longer irons, don't walk by if you see it on the shelf give the GAPR a chance, I promise you it will not just be for Christmas (y)