Taylormade fitting

Visit site
Hi Guys
I tried a Taylormade fitting day at my club a few months back and was recommended an RBZ tour driver with an expensive upgrade in shaft . The fitter assured me that this was a no brainer and an excellent fit compared to my old club .Consequently after such a positive recommendation i purchased said club .After months of play and hours of practice i have hardly hit a shot that i am pleased with , and this club is no were near as good as my old G10 .Are these fittings to be trusted ? and were do i go from here ?

cheers Pedro

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hi Pedro, welcome to the MAdhouse..

Go back to your Pro.
Explain what's going on and ask if any tweaks can be made.
It could be a swing fault or maybe the fitting determined the wrong shaft.

The biggest problem with a Fitting is that you are fitted for the swing you bring along that day.
If it varies from your normal swing then that's what you'll be fitted for and when your "normal" swing kicks in the anything can happen.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Guys
I tried a Taylormade fitting day at my club a few months back and was recommended an RBZ tour driver with an expensive upgrade in shaft . The fitter assured me that this was a no brainer and an excellent fit compared to my old club .Consequently after such a positive recommendation i purchased said club .After months of play and hours of practice i have hardly hit a shot that i am pleased with , and this club is no were near as good as my old G10 .Are these fittings to be trusted ? and were do i go from here ? QOUTE]

Hi Pedro one of my mates was the same,we had a Demo day at our club and he was fitted for the RBZ Tour with an up grade Matrix Oxik X Flex shaft, he cant hit it to save himself and is now back hitting is R9 and killing the ball again.
He's going to flog it on Ebay i think.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi Guys
I tried a Taylormade fitting day at my club a few months back and was recommended an RBZ tour driver with an expensive upgrade in shaft . The fitter assured me that this was a no brainer and an excellent fit compared to my old club .Consequently after such a positive recommendation i purchased said club .After months of play and hours of practice i have hardly hit a shot that i am pleased with , and this club is no were near as good as my old G10 .Are these fittings to be trusted ? and were do i go from here ?

cheers Pedro

So what are your bad shots with it?

Visit site
So what are your bad shots with it?
Iam hitting a full variety of bad shots , if it was a consistent one it would be easier to solve .The last time this happened with a TM club of mine the face evetually cracked .My Pro , who i do not blame by the way had me fitted for a second time with the same TM fitter , who stood by his fitting and turned the loft up by one notch .On my intial fitting i took some old Pro V1 s along to keep the strike consistent with what i would normally use .Tonight on the practice ground i hit the full range of bad shots , but the mark the balls were leaving on the club face were all pretty central . I am beginning to wonder if i am not strong enough for the shaft .