Swing speed question

DeeJay

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi folks quick question.

Im just back from the Range and i've came to the conclusion that my swing is too fast for my current driver - a cheap dunlop. It's always been my intention to upgrade to something with a bit forgiveness, been reading reviews online for a G15 with 12 deg as one of the best? Now I will be looking to buy a second hand one in the next month or so but firstly I want to find out which shaft is best for my swing, so my question is, How and Where do I find this out? I'm not looking for a full fitment for a spanking new driver, just want to find which shaft I should be searching for when looking for a second hand driver.

Any help much appreciated!

FG_HOOR

Club Champion
Visit site
Get custom fitted on a trackman/flight scope monitor. Go down to American Golf and 'pretend' you are interested in a new driver try loads out with different shafts say to them you'll sleep on it and never go back ;-)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Swing speed is only one element, an important one, to be sure, but other factors such as angle of attack and release style contribute to the flight you get.

Best not to make too many assumptions about what you need, and let a decent pro fit you instead. The loft and shaft complement each other to some extent, so you can combine a higher loft with a lower hitting shaft, and get a similar effect to a lower loft with a higher launching shaft.

Ping G15 is a good driver, but there are loads of choices. If you want good value, look for a discontinued model now on discount. The TM R11 is getting cheaper, and the Mizuno 630s are being sold at a big markdown. You can also go second hand and get plenty of good options.

DeeJay

Club Champion
Visit site
How much would you say on average it would be to get someone to assess my swing? Im 99% sure that I come across the ball pulling the club towards me, but I think thats partly to blame on the Shaft/Weight of the club as I dont do this with my Hybrid which is a bit heavier.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
How much would you say on average it would be to get someone to assess my swing? Im 99% sure that I come across the ball pulling the club towards me, but I think thats partly to blame on the Shaft/Weight of the club as I dont do this with my Hybrid which is a bit heavier.

A pro should take a look for nothing, and most of them should do the fitting for nothing too. If you want a special hi-tech fitting, those usually cost a few quid, and the full Wentworth experience for Taylor Made costs up to £200.

Where are you?

DeeJay

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm in Edinburgh, just been reading that the club I'm joining (just waiting on the letter welcoming me) has a fitment and swing analysis Centre, so I shall enquire about that when it's all finalised.

To be honest the first thing I need to do is upgrade my Irons to a game improver set, currently I'm using my Dads old Wilson Blue Ridge blades which I think are older than me!

DeeJay

Club Champion
Visit site
Swanston New Club.

Just been told at work that the Scottish golf show is at ingliston at the end of the month and that there is club fitters there. Think I'll get myself along and get my swing looked at.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get along to Scott Gourlay at Craig Millar Park in Edinburgh. Up by the Royal Observatory.

He knows his stuff and you'll get a shaft that works for you.