Swift's Forge Putters

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
https://www.swiftsforge.com/

These guys just popped up in my Instagram feed. Lovely looking putters, a thing of beauty. Thought I'd investigate further, then found the price ?.
e23f71_bf32df8921b14546b4da0b1ac610faf6~mv2.jpeg

Im not bemoaning the cost, they are obviously individual items, all hand made, just a tad rich for me.

Would love to try one though.... Bill seems to love his

240183003_384515713119392_5162725386555223903_n.jpg

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are quite a few of these niche putter makers now, mostly doing bespoke high end stuff out of high quality steel. Whether you can tell the difference between a piece of steel forged out of the finest materials by a Samurai craftsman or not is a different question.

I don't love the design these guys are making, reminds me a bit of those Axis putters Justin Rose uses, which I think are hideously ugly.

James Ingles makes some nice stuff. I have a Napa/8802 style putter he made, and there are a load of American makers, from Byron Morgan, Tyson Lamb and others.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Neck on the stout looks a little fragile… might snap or bend and the stamping is too clumsy, I would look for acid etching or an engraver to give the back a little extra

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
When ball markers cost £130 I have to leave the the site. :)

"These markers have been colour case hardened by Ray St Ledger and Sons of Birmingham, the premier case hardener in the world!"

You have to smile!

https://www.jamesinglesputters.com/shop/p/silian-rail-glasses-ball-marker-93m6x

That sort of thing is for people that have more money than sense. I bought a putter from James Ingles a few years back that cost around the same as a Scotty Cameron retail putter. It was an 8802 style putter in a material like brass only harder, my kids names stamped into it and a shotgun cartridge in the heel. It looks great. Here are a few pics taken before assembly.

image3.JPGimage1.JPGimage2.JPG

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That sort of thing is for people that have more money than sense. I bought a putter from James Ingles a few years back that cost around the same as a Scotty Cameron retail putter. It was an 8802 style putter in a material like brass only harder, my kids names stamped into it and a shotgun cartridge in the heel. It looks great. Here are a few pics taken before assembly.

View attachment 38209View attachment 38210View attachment 38211
Very nice , do you use it or is it a cherished ornament?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

View attachment 38209View attachment 38210View attachment 38211

Checked the link you posted, they're a lot more than a Scotty now??

Nice though

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Checked the link you posted, they're a lot more than a Scotty now??

Nice though

I know. There are quite a few makers coming in at that super-premium price tag. Scotty Cameron puts up Circle T putter with price tags of $2500 - 5000 on his site and they sell in seconds flat. It has probably raised the ceiling for other makers. The GSS stuff is always very expensive. The current Ingles stuff looks more for display than play to me.