Surprise Result

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After going back to bad habits and regaining my two way miss. I had enough last week and booked a lesson with a profession close to my work that I’ve seen around 6 months ago who compeltely got rid of my weak right miss. It didn’t go according to plan though and during the lesson I must have shanked around 30 balls in a row at the end of the lesson. “Please just persevere, I’m sure this is the right thing to be focusing on” I left the lesson absolutely gutted.

On Friday I was invited to the ashburnham golf club winter league captains weekend away at st Pierre. It was a betterball competition and I was drawn out with someone I’d never met before. I had the shanks on my mind, the doubt over the swing change and fighting to convince myself to use it, and the uncertainty of a new course.

My partner and I came in with 41 points and came first! I had a bit of hassle from a pretentious **** during the evening meal and prize giving telling me how I couldn’t keep a trophy becaus I wasn’t a member, and asking who I was and who invited me, he also took a photograph me sneakily and sent it to his girlfriend to take the **** out of my beard 😂 I put him in his place quickly and so did others to be fair!

Played the mathern course before coming home yesterday and was 3 under on 31 points after 14 holes before the rain came and we called it a day.

All in all, a surprising but rewarding and enjoyable weekend!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congrats on the win.

I too often suffer the dreaded shanks but they seem to be there for one round only, really weird. Most of the time I put it down to looking up far to quickly as it normally occurs with shortish wedge shots.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished my warmup today with a series of shanks. I tried changing clubs but they followed me up from wedge to mid iron.

I shot 6 over gross for the front 9...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
After going back to bad habits and regaining my two way miss. I had enough last week and booked a lesson with a profession close to my work that I’ve seen around 6 months ago who compeltely got rid of my weak right miss. It didn’t go according to plan though and during the lesson I must have shanked around 30 balls in a row at the end of the lesson. “Please just persevere, I’m sure this is the right thing to be focusing on” I left the lesson absolutely gutted.

On Friday I was invited to the ashburnham golf club winter league captains weekend away at st Pierre. It was a betterball competition and I was drawn out with someone I’d never met before. I had the shanks on my mind, the doubt over the swing change and fighting to convince myself to use it, and the uncertainty of a new course.

My partner and I came in with 41 points and came first! I had a bit of hassle from a pretentious **** during the evening meal and prize giving telling me how I couldn’t keep a trophy becaus I wasn’t a member, and asking who I was and who invited me, he also took a photograph me sneakily and sent it to his girlfriend to take the **** out of my beard 😂 I put him in his place quickly and so did others to be fair!

Played the mathern course before coming home yesterday and was 3 under on 31 points after 14 holes before the rain came and we called it a day.

All in all, a surprising but rewarding and enjoyable weekend!

Well done. Haters will always hate and glad to see others joined to put the muppet in his place. Hope the form continues

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finished my warmup today with a series of shanks. I tried changing clubs but they followed me up from wedge to mid iron.

I shot 6 over gross for the front 9...

Strange isn’t it? I took some annualnleave recently to play in a club match because they were short. Did exactly the same. Shanked about 10 shots in a row. I was panicking thinking “how am I supposed to get around the course like this?” And “I’m going to be letting my partner down and saying sorry all evening”. I didn’t miss a green and we made about 7 pars in greensomes format!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Strange isn’t it? I took some annualnleave recently to play in a club match because they were short. Did exactly the same. Shanked about 10 shots in a row. I was panicking thinking “how am I supposed to get around the course like this?” And “I’m going to be letting my partner down and saying sorry all evening”. I didn’t miss a green and we made about 7 pars in greensomes format!

It's in there. Just let it come out