Superbowl Sunday...

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
whose going to be watching it?

Got Monday off to catch up on sleep, couple of my mates coming round to watch and I'm doing a Man v Food style burger, chips and Chilli combo.

The burger is:-

Top of mini Stottie
lettuce
tomato
thick cut maple cured bacon
swiss cheese or monteray jack
Aberdeen angus steak burger
grilled onions
Jalpenos
tomato
lettuce
Bottom of mini stottie

A side of french fries (thin chips basically( covered in m home made chilli, topped with home made chilli cheese sauce)

Copious amounts of beer to was down.

Come on the Ravens

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be watching it and got Monday morning off, might extend that to the afternoon!

Couple of mates coming round aswell but not sure what we're doing for food, I like your thinking though!

Been a 49ers "fan" since I started watching NFL as a wee boy due to Montana so I hope you're Ravens get pumped :)

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope you're Ravens get pumped :)

I'm not a Ravens fan, I follow the Dolphins, only reason being when I was a kid my aunty brought over a NFL jacket it was the turquoise green satin jacket of the Dolphins, still got it, still fits bit tight now though.

I mentioned the Ravens as I think they'll win.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a Ravens fan, I follow the Dolphins, only reason being when I was a kid my aunty brought over a NFL jacket it was the turquoise green satin jacket of the Dolphins, still got it, still fits bit tight now though.

I mentioned the Ravens as I think they'll win.

Ah, I thought when you said "come on the ravens" you were a follower of them.

Sadly I agree with you and think the Ravens will win, and fairly comfortably at that. Hope I'm wrong.....

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
whose going to be watching it?

Got Monday off to catch up on sleep, couple of my mates coming round to watch and I'm doing a Man v Food style burger, chips and Chilli combo.

The burger is:-

Top of mini Stottie
lettuce
tomato
grilled onions
Jalpenos
tomato
lettuce
Bottom of mini stottie

A side of french fries (thin chips basically( covered in m home made chilli, topped with home made chilli cheese sauce)

Copious amounts of beer to was down.

Come on the Ravens
I have zero interest in american soccer but if there is room on the sofa for the burger I'll come round :rofl:

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As I have no connections with anyone on either playing, coaching or front office staff, my interest for this Sunday's game is limited to say the least. But I cannot abide Ray Lewis after his actions at the Atlanta Super Bowl in January 2000 and the NFL lovefest for him seems to have forgotten that they banned him from the cover of their Record and Fact Book the following year in spite of him winning the season MVP the year before. So go Niners but I will spend most of the game watching Mike Carlson's performance on BBC and offering comments to him like we always do when one is presenting and one is watching!

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm a Raiders fan as I loved Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson, back in the day.

Without taking the obvious opportunity to remind you of Super Bowl XXXVII which my beloved Bucs won, there is an excellent one hour documentary doing the rounds on NFL Network about the life of Marcus Allen and the appalling behaviour of Al Davis at the end of his time in Oakland. Well worth taking a look.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than see either of these teams win, so I'm supporting food poisoning/mass plague for both teams!

If I had to pick someone to back, it would be the Ravens as I cannot abide Jim Harbaugh and his temper tantrums on the sideline when things don't go his way. Plus the UK coverage is always terrible with Kevin Cadle and Neil Reynolds one one side and Mike Carlson on the other (sorry Paul).

This will be the first time in years I won't have stayed up to watch it, but I really don't want to waste sleep on these two teams!

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Without taking the obvious opportunity to remind you of Super Bowl XXXVII which my beloved Bucs won, there is an excellent one hour documentary doing the rounds on NFL Network about the life of Marcus Allen and the appalling behaviour of Al Davis at the end of his time in Oakland. Well worth taking a look.

Well, as a Bucs fan you gotta take it when you can... (mind you, as a Raiders fan I'm much in the same boat).

Must admit, Allen started my following of the Raiders, but Jackson really cemented it. Awesome is too lowly a word to describe that guy as an athlete.

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I had to pick someone to back, it would be the Ravens as I cannot abide Jim Harbaugh and his temper tantrums on the sideline when things don't go his way. Plus the UK coverage is always terrible with Kevin Cadle and Neil Reynolds one one side and Mike Carlson on the other (sorry Paul).

Could have been a lot worse - I could still have been presenting the show!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I wouldn't mind the Ravens winning just to see Ray Lewis sign off his career on a high. 17 seasons with the same franchise is a great achievement even if it's with the Ravens.

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i've been a Raiders fan since the days of Daryl Lamonica was QB back in the late 60s. The SB is the only game I watch now during the season, due to the length of coverage.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well the chilli is started, Ive been slow cooking 2lb of cubed aberdeen angus steak since 12:00hrs this afternoon, the meat is now falling apart it's that tender. The oven is now off and the meat is cooling. I'll let it sit in the stock until I make the chilli on Sunday. Going to pick the meat out, drain the stock and use it in the main chilli.

I make quite a few chillis but even if I say so myself this one surpasses anything previous, I think this time I got my spice blend just right.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be watching it indeed, most likley watching it alone as no-one else managed to get the time off.

Will have a couple of chilli-dogs on the go and some chilli fries, don't drink anymore so going to substitute my old superbowl tipple of Coors for some straight up Tab Clear.

Would rather see the 49ers win than the Ravens, just cannot take to the Ravens for some reason that I don't know why.

Personally a Redskins fan since watching my first full game in 1992 which happened to be the day Art Monk caught his 820th career reception. Stuck with them ever since though not been much to shout about but things have been better under Mike Shanahan.