Sunglasses for golf - recommendations please?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Looking for a sturdy pair of sunglasses for golf.
I’m wondering if any particular colour tints or styles are more helpful than others on the course?

please share your experiences and thoughts...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oakley half jacket 2.0 XL. They do a specific golf lens, prizm I believe they call them. The likes of Clubhouse Golf will sell them but others do as well so look around. Mine are 4 yrs old now and still bang on.

You don't want dark lenses so these golf ones let around 30% of light through compared to around 16% of standard dark lenses. The joy is you then don't have to take them on and off continuously. I'll put mine on in bright sunshine, take them off and find it is cloudy without realising.

The advantage of the model I have mentioned is that you can buy alternative lenses for different circumstances. I have darker lenses for holidays in southern Europe etc where the sun is brighter, it shines off the sea. Easy to change, get the lenses from Revant online.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have Tifosi sunglasses for golf. I found out about them when I bought a pair in a PGA shop in the States years ago. Great vision, comfortable, and a fraction of the price of the major brands. The current pair I have a brown photochromic so adjust nicely for changes in the light as they don't go too dark. They do an Enliven lens specifically for golf. They seem to be very popular with cyclists but they are difficult to track down in the UK.