Sunday before H4H

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
There's been talk of a possible game on the Sunday before H4H but I can't find anything about actual games arranged.

I'm travelling down on the Sunday so would be interested in joining up for a game, has anything been arranged or does anyone want a game on the Sunday?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Nothing official has been arranged Nick. Imagine a few private games have been arranged, but probably guest of members ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Not sure if you have managed to arrange a game yet Nick?, you probably have had a better offer :p :ROFLMAO:

I am in the area and probably will be playing golf Sunday afternoon with the wife, haven't fixed up a venue/timing as yet(but will be afternoon as am seeing family in the morning ).

Happy to make up a 3 or 4 ball, if anyone else wishes to.

D

Deleted member 21258

That sounds good to me Darren, where are you staying?

Visiting family in Essex for Breakfast as such, afterwards I am returning to Bucks, ideally I would look to play near the M25 in Essex or Kent midday or early afternoon, would need to be a course that takes visitors on a sunday.

Easy access from M25/A12/A127/A13, or maybe into Kent[don't know any courses nearish the M25??? since Austin lodge shut:cry:] . I assume you are coming down M1..M25, so similarish area, I can think of the following courses near the M25 :-

Abridge (never played this course but always fancied it)
Stapleford Abbots (think the priors course has now closed, but Abbots still open, parkland course)
Hainault Forest (Lower course longer course but better, Upper course is fairly short course, ideal for old clubs, parkland course with some nice views up on the hill. Used to be a member here long ago)
West Essex (nice pleasant parkland course)
Maylands (nice pleasant parkland course, fairly short)

Or did you have a course in mind yourself or any other suggestions ?

gopher99

Visit site
Visiting family in Essex for Breakfast as such, afterwards I am returning to Bucks, ideally I would look to play near the M25 in Essex or Kent midday or early afternoon, would need to be a course that takes visitors on a sunday.

Easy access from M25/A12/A127/A13, or maybe into Kent[don't know any courses nearish the M25??? since Austin lodge shut:cry:] . I assume you are coming down M1..M25, so similarish area, I can think of the following courses near the M25 :-

Stapleford Abbots (think the priors course has now closed, but Abbots still open, parkland course)
Hainault Forest (Lower course longer course but better, Upper course is fairly short course, ideal for old clubs, parkland course with some nice views up on the hill. Used to be a member here long ago)

Pedham place or Chelsfield lakes are close to the M25 junction 3 and 4 respectively. Both public courses.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

To be honest I was planning on travelling anti-clockwise round the M25 and playing somewhere near to the hotel that I'll be staying at Sunday night, I guess you're driving to Tandridge from home on the morning?

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure if you have managed to arrange a game yet Nick?, you probably have had a better offer :p :ROFLMAO:

I am in the area and probably will be playing golf Sunday afternoon with the wife, haven't fixed up a venue/timing as yet(but will be afternoon as am seeing family in the morning ).

Happy to make up a 3 or 4 ball, if anyone else wishes to.

I would be interested to play on Sunday afternoon too if there is a space

D

Deleted member 21258

To be honest I was planning on travelling anti-clockwise round the M25 and playing somewhere near to the hotel that I'll be staying at Sunday night, I guess you're driving to Tandridge from home on the morning?

Where you thinking of playing? are you staying near hankley or tanbridge? (I am staying in Bucks, so may work still, all depending. failing that no worries will play over in Essex area)

D

Deleted member 21258

Sounds good if we manage a round, any particular area/time? (weather looks a big rainy currently depending on area)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Where you thinking of playing? are you staying near hankley or tanbridge? (I am staying in Bucks, so may work still, all depending. failing that no worries will play over in Essex area)

I'm staying at the Premier Inn, Redhill

That would make us a four which is good, thinking about it I'm not too fussed where we play as I'll have plenty of time to get to the Premier Inn anyway. I don't know the area at all so am open to suggestions regarding a course.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm staying at the Premier Inn, Redhill

That would make us a four which is good, thinking about it I'm not too fussed where we play as I'll have plenty of time to get to the Premier Inn anyway. I don't know the area at all so am open to suggestions regarding a course.

I don’t know the area either and am staying in the Premier Inn in Redhill too. Any suggestions gratefully received

D

Deleted member 21258

Think I will bail on this, as Redhill isn't an area I can get to quickly from Essex(more than an hour), so would mean me arriving later on and quite a lot of extra driving to get there and get back to bucks and then repeat for H4H the following morning. Shame I had accommodation booked up before H4H and wasn't expecting H4H to be in Sept, otherwise I would have stayed in Redhill area myself.

No worries, have a good game and see you at H4H.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think I will bail on this, as Redhill isn't an area I can get to quickly from Essex(more than an hour), so would mean me arriving later on and quite a lot of extra driving to get there and get back to bucks and then repeat for H4H the following morning. Shame I had accommodation booked up before H4H and wasn't expecting H4H to be in Sept, otherwise I would have stayed in Redhill area myself.

No worries, have a good game and see you at H4H.

OK no problem

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know it's a bit out of the way but if anyone fancies a trek to Poole I'm happy to sign on at my place in the afternoon.