Suggestions for buying new wedges?

johnnybrando

Visit site
Hi, first post on here. Relatively new to golf, 6 months or so. I'm a higher handicap player, usually hit around 90.

I am looking for a new pair of wedges, and looking for some advice or recommendations for what to buy. My pw is a 45 degree, so looking at a 52 and 58. I'll be buying used ones, but ones that have only been hit a few times, nearly new. I have about £100 for the pair. I've read and watched a lot of reviews, spoken with friends and I have narrowed it down to;

Mizuno T7
Callaway MD forged
Vega VW raw

My friend has a vega and a callway and both feel really nice. Looks wise I love the callaway and Mizuno, not so much the vega. I can get a new used pair of each for under £100. I''ve just sold an older set of vokeys which I never liked tbh so don't want a set of them but happy to look at others if people can recommend any

cheers

John

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum 😀

I think that wedges are such a personal choice that you have to go with your gut feeling and I wouldn't have a scoobie doo on those choices being a Vokey player but if you get the chance to road test any of them it'd be the way forward imo

johnnybrando

Visit site
Thanks everybody! I'd seen the mizuno up in scotland last week and had a hit in a golf shop Friday. Luckily there were a pair on ebay local so I have bought them for a decent price. Thanks again, will definitely be using this forum again
John

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi, first post on here. Relatively new to golf, 6 months or so. I'm a higher handicap player, usually hit around 90.

I am looking for a new pair of wedges, and looking for some advice or recommendations for what to buy. My pw is a 45 degree, so looking at a 52 and 58. I'll be buying used ones, but ones that have only been hit a few times, nearly new. I have about £100 for the pair. I've read and watched a lot of reviews, spoken with friends and I have narrowed it down to;

Mizuno T7
Callaway MD forged
Vega VW raw

My friend has a vega and a callway and both feel really nice. Looks wise I love the callaway and Mizuno, not so much the vega. I can get a new used pair of each for under £100. I''ve just sold an older set of vokeys which I never liked tbh so don't want a set of them but happy to look at others if people can recommend any

cheers

John

Where you buying from? Have a look at Golfbidder as they have all the makes and models on there. I'd chuck Ping wedges into the equation as well

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Look on the for sale section here under H4H auction items, there is a nice set of new MD wedges being auctioned tomorrow, if you are interested PM Fish with your max bid and he will bid for you. :thup:
BTW welcome to the forum.