Stunning Hole Part 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Stunning Hole

• Total voters

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Love the hole Phil, love playing it too, just don't stop the ball above the pin. Have a vivid (I think) memory of watching Seve play that hole in the British Masters many moons back. Will always be a favourite for me, just because of that.

Wolf

Visit site
It's a nice looking hole that's for sure but again not stunning for me. I can accept holes can be pretty, aesthetically pleasing but I think to use the word stunning I'm looking for something extra special.

But it's certainly a good looking home and I'd enjoy playing it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The problem is defining "Stunning"
This hole is just a little par 3 downhill to a sloping green that's surrounded by bushes.
As a golf hole it's relatively ordinary until the flowers come out - then the setting becomes a stunning sight - but the hole is the same..
Is "stunning" the layout of the hole, the difficulty, the view from the tee, view from the green, setting.......
The 1st on the Old Course is stunning in so far as it's the first hole at the Home of Golf but as a golf hole it's pretty ordinary.
Some pictures you see of holes - Links, Parkland or Heathland - take away the scenery and the hole may become mundane.
Equally, a hole on a barren links with the only view being sea could be a stunning hole if the layout is right...

D

Deleted member 18588

Once saw Seve hit the green of the 3rd on the Dukes with every club in the bag from driver to putter.

They were filming "for TV" event and he was killing time whilst they moved some cameras.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not a great photo but a good looking hole from the tee

Attachments

• 4761F579-C5EB-4296-8941-9E0F28A90285.jpeg
    4761F579-C5EB-4296-8941-9E0F28A90285.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 29