Strokesavers

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are moving house and whilst clearing cupboards I came across a load of strokesavers from courses I have played. Does anyone still buy/use them and are they collectable?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I only buy one when joining a new course generally as a way of learning the course. I usually mark them up for my own reference in blue (instead of green) orange and finally red.

Blue - ideal place to make par
Orange - a safe miss at worst a bogey
Red - card wrecker & dead, 1 minutes silence and a reload.

Also use similar colours for greens , ie the putt you never want etc. once I’ve learnt the course they go in the bin.

D

Deleted member 23270

I like them as a keepsake. Also handy when playing a practice round before a competition to write notes in. Where to miss/not miss etc.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've started picking them up over the last year or two, especially playing top courses, or courses I haven't played before. I never used to use them, even when given them, but have come to realize their benefit on tracks I haven't played.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've been given some as part of the visitor package but can't ever remember buying one...
Not really a collector of anything so I've never seen the desire.
And now I have my GPS, and have had for several years now, I don't see the need to buy one.
There are very few courses not on Skycaddie and if they're not then ill just play it as I see it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Tend to get one at better or special courses as a souvenir; biggest issue is remembering to check the drawer before a return visit… ??

Is there a market to sell them? Given the age of some of the ones I have and the potential for course changes, how happy would anyone be to buy a second hand one?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Tend to get one at better or special courses as a souvenir; biggest issue is remembering to check the drawer before a return visit… ??

Is there a market to sell them? Given the age of some of the ones I have and the potential for course changes, how happy would anyone be to buy a second hand one?
Only as a collectable I would say.
Ebay seems to have some on from time to time but no idea if they're current or vintage....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder if courses that have been radically altered, closed etc are worth anything?

Eg Wentwood Hills, original Roman Road, Wentworth pre changes
I have one for the original Wentwood Hills course. It includes the holes that were ripped up when they made the 2010. Some of it is now The Montgomery and some is part of the 2010. Two holes have gone.
Free to anybody that wants it. Just PM me your address.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I have one for the original Wentwood Hills course. It includes the holes that were ripped up when they made the 2010. Some of it is now The Montgomery and some is part of the 2010. Two holes have gone.
Free to anybody that wants it. Just PM me your address.

Was the one I've got, and Roman Road original layout