start of the swing

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
what should be the correct start point of your swing - hands or club head?

Would I be right in saying that your club should be used as an extention of your arms? (like a pendulum)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bob most likely will be here soon. But neither the club head or hands should start the backswing . So start with a one piece shoulder&arms turn. Some start with hips shoulders and arms as one unit. I myself start with the hip shoulder arm coil. All this is only my opinion.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
what should be the correct start point of your swing - hands or club head?

Would I be right in saying that your club should be used as an extention of your arms? (like a pendulum)

There are some things you don't want to think about too much or doubts start to appear. Just do it as you were doing it before. If I now start to think about it, I know who to blame.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I move my arms and shoulders back together. I restrict my hip turn until the club is near parallel to my foot line. This ensures that I am taking the club back on plane and creating suitable torque between my upper and lower body.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use the arms shoulders and hips as one now. Before I used the arms and shoulders as Brian above. But found I was starting to slide backwards. The hip move is only about a 2" move, more a feeling than anything. But it stops me sliding, making me coil better.