Srixon q star

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So they're all exactly the same? :LOL:

post now edited

QStar is 2 piece Qstar Tour 3 piece

probably needs a little more research to spot the difference between Z star and Q star eg something like compression and target players such a club head speed.

D

Deleted member 18588

post now edited

QStar is 2 piece Qstar Tour 3 piece

probably needs a little more research to spot the difference between Z star and Q star eg something like compression and target players such a club head speed.
Only the Tour version is offered through UK outlets.

The 2 piece ball over here is still the AD333.

Q Star (non Tour version) isfor those countries where the AD333 was not previously available.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was given a couple of sample Q star tours yesterday, so decided to give them a try today. and after having my doubts about them just being a rebrand, it performed pretty well. played with two of my mates who both hit the ball longer than me one uses the Bridgestone the other a Prov and are 3 and 4 handicaps. i offered bot a ball to try, but both declined. 1st i outdrove both , and got on the green with a PW (downwind) and the ball stopped easy enough though we have had a fair anount of rain over night so the greens though not soft Also hit a couple of 3 woods off the tee on 2 and 3 and both i would say went a bit further than normal. hit a shot out the bunker on 5 adn the ball pulled up pretty well. Felt nice off the irons and was a soft feel of the putter and managed to hole a few today. best thing i woudl say was the ball didn't scuff up at all, despite hitting a few wedge shots out the screws and had a couple of bunker shots that would scuffed up a Prov1 and the ball didn't really scuff up at all.

quite impressed TBH, got a game fri and sat so will give it a go then as well

FYI both took a ball to used friday:LOL:

Q star.jpg

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have continued to play the Q Star I found on and off and the one thing I will say in its favour is its durability. Even after a number of visits to bunkers it has barely marked. Personally I am not sold on it even when I have been swinging better but it may be one of those balls that grows on you. As I won a Callaway bag towel in the in the pro shop competition on Sunday I might swap them for a sleeve (of two) and give them a more thorough go. Also sorely tempted by the new 2020 Titleist tour soft

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Was given a couple of sample Q star tours yesterday, so decided to give them a try today. and after having my doubts about them just being a rebrand, it performed pretty well. played with two of my mates who both hit the ball longer than me one uses the Bridgestone the other a Prov and are 3 and 4 handicaps. i offered bot a ball to try, but both declined. 1st i outdrove both , and got on the green with a PW (downwind) and the ball stopped easy enough though we have had a fair anount of rain over night so the greens though not soft Also hit a couple of 3 woods off the tee on 2 and 3 and both i would say went a bit further than normal. hit a shot out the bunker on 5 adn the ball pulled up pretty well. Felt nice off the irons and was a soft feel of the putter and managed to hole a few today. best thing i woudl say was the ball didn't scuff up at all, despite hitting a few wedge shots out the screws and had a couple of bunker shots that would scuffed up a Prov1 and the ball didn't really scuff up at all.

quite impressed TBH, got a game fri and sat so will give it a go then as well

FYI both took a ball to used friday:LOL:

View attachment 31467

If ever there was a time to say, don’t be too quick to judge, there it is.

A very durable ball, nice feel off all clubs but great around the greens.

I think Srixon are on to a winner here.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If ever there was a time to say, don’t be too quick to judge, there it is.

A very durable ball, nice feel off all clubs but great around the greens.

I think Srixon are on to a winner here.
They have to be at the right price. Z star and Titleist AVX (my favourite ball at the moment) can be picked up for good prices on EBay. Q star needs to be about £25 to sell.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
CGdiscount golf are still selling 4 dozen 2020 z stars for 89 quid personalised.

I’d get on that deal personally. 30 quid for a non urethane ball feels 10 quid to dear personally.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They have to be at the right price. Z star and Titleist AVX (my favourite ball at the moment) can be picked up for good prices on EBay. Q star needs to be about £25 to sell.
i think they are £24.99 a doz or at least they are in the range here

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
you are not wrong there, offered a load of balls to the juniors before and they all turned their noses up and asked if there were any ProV1's.

last lot sat in the junior room and in the end the club just stuck them on the range
Changed days from when as ‘junior’ I’d be whacking round a penfold ace or commando...often with big smiley cuts and not 100% spherical.