Spreadsheet for Course Handicap Conversion Table

tobybarker

Visit site
We will be ordering new metal boards some time as we are being re-rated. However as an interim solution we'd like to print our own as a stop-gap measure.

Does anyone know how to produce the tables converting HI to CH for a given set of tees? I know how to calculate an individual's CH but its the ranges that are throwing me....my spreadsheet knowledge is sparse!

TIA

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I did this for our front 9 for myself as there are no tables. It calculates the range and then does a check.

Note that as this is for 9, it uses cr - par.

I can do an 18 one if you like it or you can just modify it.

I can't seem to be able to attach an open office spreadsheet so I'll put it somewhere for download and post a link.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
We will be ordering new metal boards some time as we are being re-rated. However as an interim solution we'd like to print our own as a stop-gap measure.

Does anyone know how to produce the tables converting HI to CH for a given set of tees? I know how to calculate an individual's CH but its the ranges that are throwing me....my spreadsheet knowledge is sparse!

TIA

Anyone on your committee who has access to the WHS platform - https://live.whsplatform.englandgolf.org/TabRptCourseHandicaps.aspx - will be able to download Course Handicap tables once the re-rating has been confirmed.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I cant download from your link....security concerns within Chrome
I can't fix that! You could just ignore the warnings.

Or you could try with https because that is available. But it is a self-signed certificate so Chrome will probably shut down and tell you that you are a very naughty boy for even trying.

Otherwise I'm happy to email it to you. My email address is alan@niblick.uk if you want to send me your address.

wjemather

Visit site

TIA
If you are being re-rated this year, it is worth noting that the Course Handicap calculation will be changing from April 2024, so you'll probably want to delay ordering new boards until then. There should be official communication on this soon(!!) but it's been widely circulated at EG workshops for months now.

tobybarker

Visit site
If you are being re-rated this year, it is worth noting that the Course Handicap calculation will be changing from April 2024, so you'll probably want to delay ordering new boards until then. There should be official communication on this soon(!!) but it's been widely circulated at EG workshops for months now.
thanks. yes that's why I asked for a means of making a temporary one

Genu9

Visit site
I do have a Google spreadsheet that gives our members their Playing Handicap which I keep up to date after each Comp. You can see this via the attached link. Because it is on my Google Drive it is available to members on their phone when they are on the First Tee. (See Link - NGC Playing Handicaps)
In order to get there I have another 'feeder' sheet that does all the calculations from Handicap Index to Playing Handicap using the Course Criteria, so effectively it can be used for any course anywhere in the World.

NGC Playing Handicaps

BTW. The Greens and Oranges indicate if your Handicap has gone up or down after the last update.

Last edited:

Genu9

Visit site
When you say the 'calculation' is changing do you mean the "HCI x (Course Slope/113)+(Course Rating-Course Par)" is being changed? Can't seem to find any info on that?

wjemather

Visit site
When you say the 'calculation' is changing do you mean the "HCI x (Course Slope/113)+(Course Rating-Course Par)" is being changed? Can't seem to find any info on that?
Yes. The Rules of Handicapping have been updated globally, and now the local handicapping authorities (including CONGU in GB&I) are (probably still) deliberating their options and putting together their updated local Rules of Handicapping to come into force next year. Full details of changes in GB&I are unknown - they will be communicated in due course, via the usual methods - but one thing we do know is that the CH calculation will include CR-Par, as this has been openly leaked since the start of the year.

Genu9

Visit site
Yes. The Rules of Handicapping have been updated globally, and now the local handicapping authorities (including CONGU in GB&I) are (probably still) deliberating their options and putting together their updated local Rules of Handicapping to come into force next year. Full details of changes in GB&I are unknown - they will be communicated in due course, via the usual methods - but one thing we do know is that the CH calculation will include CR-Par, as this has been openly leaked since the start of the year.
Thanks for that. It won't actually change what my spreadsheet does as I only need to include the Course Rating and Par when entering Course Criteria. Did it for trip to Turkey & Portugal for the Societies using it. Never understoood why GB&I opted out?

wjemather

Visit site
Thanks for that. It won't actually change what my spreadsheet does as I only need to include the Course Rating and Par when entering Course Criteria. Did it for trip to Turkey & Portugal for the Societies using it. Never understood why GB&I opted out?
Constancy with how previous GB&I handicapping systems worked.