Spikes for new balance golf shoes

mcconvib

Visit site
Thanks Paul, I'm aware of the guide, I have the proper spikes but I cannot figure out how to install them. Neither do the folks at Golftown. They are devilishly hard to figure out.

Attachments

• nb1.jpg
    nb1.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 10

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Keyed means, the spike will fit into the shoe in only one position (rotationally) correctly.
Two or three twists/clicks clockwise with a spike tool should then secure it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't these spikes have an arrow to show when they are correctly fitted when tightened. Looks like just a case of allowing the correct offset before twisting to lock.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In the picture it looks like you have a whole load of mud in there. Could that be stopping it locking?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do you mean "keyed"?
I mean the stud and its reciever in the shoe are cut so the stud can only sit in it's place in one direction. If you look at your first stud picture, at 1.30 if a clock face you will see a small inner and outer shaping, and then if you look at the shoe where the stud locates that too isnt even, and agian will have a matching inner and outer shaping. The studs are obviously directional and thus they "key" the jointing to give that constant only one direction fitment.
Personally I think it's a stupid design.:)
ps...I always used to put my studs in with some vaseline, to help to make removal of them later on much easier

mcconvib

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have now successfully installed all 14 spikes. I really like the shoes and the original spikes were completely worn down. Thanks for all your help and I can report that New Balance have discontinued this type of spike. I must say I'm not surprised.