Southampton FC

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think Lovren would be a cracking signing , classy CB with a bit of steel.

Add those two plus a strong ox in the middle would be my choices for the summer

Will have to have a better look at Lovren over the next couple of weeks. The back four definitely needs some strengthening but I do like how Gerrard drops back into help out with his new position at the back of midfield.

D

Deleted member 15344

Will have to have a better look at Lovren over the next couple of weeks. The back four definitely needs some strengthening but I do like how Gerrard drops back into help out with his new position at the back of midfield.

Yeah he has been superb there - new lease of life really because he was struggling a little bit

Hendersons energy levels have been amazing to help him out.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah he has been superb there - new lease of life really because he was struggling a little bit

Hendersons energy levels have been amazing to help him out.

Lallana could well be Gerrards replacement for his old role. Has great vision and would combine brilliantly with the SSS.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rumoured that we are looking at Lovren and Lallana - think they would be cracking signings.

Think can see Shaw going to either Mancs or Chelsea

If you believe rumours over half our squad is going to the top 3 in the summer. The only one I think might happen is Shaw to Chelsea, its his boyhood team and the chance to step straight into the Cl might be too much for him to resist. They will have to break the bank though, I would not be happy if we let him go for less than £25m.

D

Deleted member 15344

If you believe rumours over half our squad is going to the top 3 in the summer. The only one I think might happen is Shaw to Chelsea, its his boyhood team and the chance to step straight into the Cl might be too much for him to resist. They will have to break the bank though, I would not be happy if we let him go for less than £25m.

£25mil for a full back would be a lot of money - think £20 mil plus a player from someone might well get Shaw - i think he would be perfect for us but we wont be able to compete for him

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I reckon Southampton could pretty much name there price for Shaw. Not many quality young left backs about. Be good if Southampton could keep hold of their top players tho.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
£25mil for a full back would be a lot of money - think £20 mil plus a player from someone might well get Shaw - i think he would be perfect for us but we wont be able to compete for him
Bale was a left back when he went to Spurs. Only when they moved him forward did he show his real class. Shaw could be another to go that way.

We have a great prospect at left back at Reading, Jordan Obita. Only 19 and has been converted from a left winger to full back during this season. Real pace, great going forward, and learning full back skills each week. Rumours that Liverpool are interested, and Rodgers should know him from his time as manager.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bale was a left back when he went to Spurs. Only when they moved him forward did he show his real class. Shaw could be another to go that way.

We have a great prospect at right back at Reading, Jordan Obita. Only 19 and has been converted from a right winger to full back during this season. Real pace, great going forward, and learning full back skills each week. Rumours that Liverpool are interested, and Rodgers should know him from his time as manager.

I havent really seen enough of Shaw tbh but when i have seen him he does look very good going forward - but he also looks very strong defending which might make him stay at LB ? But interesting to see how he develops

We also have a cracking RB in the youth ranks - McLaughlin - think he is a future star

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I havent really seen enough of Shaw tbh but when i have seen him he does look very good going forward - but he also looks very strong defending which might make him stay at LB ? But interesting to see how he develops

We also have a cracking RB in the youth ranks - McLaughlin - think he is a future star
Our youngsters beat yours the other day.:ears:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
pen shootout wasnt it ? Cracking game i understand
It was. I watched it on Liverpool channel, and the commentary was a little one sided.:whistle: 4-2 down with three minutes of extra time to go, and we got it back to penalties. You have a young lad up front, Harry Wilson that looks like a good.

D

Deleted member 15344

It was. I watched it on Liverpool channel, and the commentary was a little one sided.:whistle: 4-2 down with three minutes of extra time to go, and we got it back to penalties. You have a young lad up front, Harry Wilson that looks like a good.

The youth football is great to watch - some cracking players on display. You can easily see the ones that stick out above the others