South East, course under £125. Ideas?

Funt1m3

Visit site
Hi all
firstly apologies if this has been done before. I had tried the search option but didn’t work too well for me

My 40th is fast approaching (22nd July, a Friday) and I’m trying to book a memorable golf course. There are 11 of us and we are all junction 7/8 on the M25 so course needs to be within 1.5 hours distance wise

I did have Hankley Common. Very excited but originally had 8 booked, and when I went to extend for another tee I was told “no, sorry, no group bookings”. Ta very much

Any ideas welcome. At the moment all I’ve got is West Hills at £140 but perhaps a tad more than we wanted to spend but if anyone has rave reviews about it we could extend out

Thanks

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Why don't you get the 3ball to call up and ask for the tee slot after/before yours? The reason I suggest this is that I played it recently, and it was bloody great.

Royal Ashdown is a good course too and should be manageable with your budget

Newnsy

Visit site
Tandridge GC but you might struggle to get 11 but worth asking the secretary. others Chart Hills, London Club or a bit more of a drive Go down to Princes for a Day

Funt1m3

Visit site
Thanks for all your replies so far. Some alternatives helpful (assuming I can get on)

And thanks for reminding me Hankley Common is excellent…I may have to see what we can do…

Funt1m3

Visit site
Fox Hills is actually one of my favs in the reasonable budget. Have played a few times though so not quite what I’m looking for, and I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve always found the condition average for what could be a fantastic course

AddisonRoad

Visit site
I played West Byfleet last November and really enjoyed it - it's a heathland course, but cheaper than West Hill, Woking, etc. (and in the same area).

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There's a lot of good courses but to try;

Tandridge
Knole Park
Littlestone
Crowbrough Beacon
Kings Hill

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If you fancy links, Princes or Littlestone. Littlestone is usually 2 balls but they did do 1 day a week where they would allow 4 balls, not sure which it is though. Princes will charge Friday as a weekend day.

West Sussex is lovely but again a 2 ball course.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hi all
firstly apologies if this has been done before. I had tried the search option but didn’t work too well for me

My 40th is fast approaching (22nd July, a Friday) and I’m trying to book a memorable golf course. There are 11 of us and we are all junction 7/8 on the M25 so course needs to be within 1.5 hours distance wise

I did have Hankley Common. Very excited but originally had 8 booked, and when I went to extend for another tee I was told “no, sorry, no group bookings”. Ta very much

Any ideas welcome. At the moment all I’ve got is West Hills at £140 but perhaps a tad more than we wanted to spend but if anyone has rave reviews about it we could extend out

Thanks

Have you looked at Tyrells Wood? Just off J9 M25.
Not sure of the cost though.

Well it's memorable but not I think for the reasons the OP is thinking of... ;)