Sore finger solution - superglue to the rescue!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I foolishly pulled a piece of cracked nail from the base of my left thumb, leaving around by 3 mm of the nail bed exposed. This started to give me real problems last time I played. So yesterday I painted the area with superglue, which hardened really well. Played today & couldn't feel it at all. The glue only came off when I washed my hands after the round, which was perfect.

Apparently superglue is used extensively in the NHS. Could be a solution for any annoying cuts you have on your hands. Just passing this on in case it helps anyone.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I foolishly pulled a piece of cracked nail from the base of my left thumb, leaving around by 3 mm of the nail bed exposed. This started to give me real problems last time I played. So yesterday I painted the area with superglue, which hardened really well. Played today & couldn't feel it at all. The glue only came off when I washed my hands after the round, which was perfect.

Apparently superglue is used extensively in the NHS. Could be a solution for any annoying cuts you have on your hands. Just passing this on in case it helps anyone.
I thought superglue was originally developed as a possible replacement for stitching wounds.

My tip for sore fingers like that, and this is from a habitual nail biter.....dip your sore fingers in a hot cup of tea. It seals the nerve ending and helps stimulate the nails growth.
I do this after every nail biting session, which is about once a week and most nails will be passed the bed..:(

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Let’s face it Superglue is really only good for sticking skin...I’ve never found another decent use for it!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I thought superglue was originally developed as a possible replacement for stitching wounds.

My tip for sore fingers like that, and this is from a habitual nail biter.....dip your sore fingers in a hot cup of tea. It seals the nerve ending and helps stimulate the nails growth.
I do this after every nail biting session, which is about once a week and most nails will be passed the bed..:(

"Cyanoacrylate was originally designed for vets to bond bone, hide or tortoise shell back together, then during the Vietnam war they found that it could be used to seal up wounds, stop bleeding and hopefully mean that soldier would survive."

Stevie Ray Vaughan used to use it to repair his fingertips after the damage caused by playing.

Chico84

Visit site
Rock climbers use it for cracked pads which would otherwise make climbing either impossible or at least even more painful than normal.