something different

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Top 5 wasted opportunities
1) Playing it way too cool after a snog with Joanne Whalley (before she married Batman/Jim Morrison) and not getting back in touch with her when she appeared keen...doh!
2) 20 yrs ago not taking up an opportunity to work in Saudi tax free
3) Not asking Caroline Walker out at school - ended up having a crush on her for 10 yrs
4) Same with Jane Scholes
5) Splitting up with Gail Andrews

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
1) Nikki Hall - the only girl to have truely broken my heart
2) Never trying harder to find the money to do at least the first year of the PGA exam when parents, club and pro wouldn't help finance me
3) Not trying to do some published writing earlier
4) Not doing A levels or uni (see 3)
5) Not keeping in touch with lots of great people I've met through work, sport or socially

piratepete

Hacker
Visit site
1) Wasted the opportunity with Lesley Ash!! Was she good enough for me?
2) Given a job in Abu Dahbi, declined because my kids were so young, do they give a [s**t] now?
3) Got divorced, lost all finances possible even the solicitor ripped me off! Should have waited!
4) Missed my first albatros by 2" got the eagle though.
5) Didn't win the lottery, should have bought a ticket!!!!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not agreeing to take a job offer in Canada on my honeymoon because we had just bought our back-to-back terrace house for £11000 25 years ago
Worst decision I ever made. Stuck here now. God, I regret it every day. :( :( :(

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
No regrets, as every decision has lead me to this point in my life.

I do wonder what or where I'd be if;

I'd taken the Olympic sailing coaches job in New Zealand that I was offered 20 years ago.

I'd not cheated on my first serious girlfriend 20 years ago.

If I'd got married 15 years ago to the girl I was engaged to. (probably divorced in all honesty!)

If I'd actually knuckled down at school, instead of just wasting time.

If I'd taken the opportunity to go to Sandhurst 17 years ago.

As I say. No regrets. Just curiosty. As a consequence of that I do wonder where I'll be in the future, who with and doing what and where.

It's easy to see in retrospect the big decision points in your life. But do you recognise them as that at the time?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Losing interest in school aged 11 after being refused common entrance exam as being too young, but watching older, thicker people failing it.

Not buying an Aston DBS as my first car, but spending the same money on a 1.1 fiesta on the (sensible) advice of my Dad.

Selling my flat, instead of renting it out.

The day I first tasted alcohol, aged 5 and thought yuk, why did I ever try it again?

Finding this forum?

No real regrets, every thing has brought me to where I am now, a fantastic wife, ditto for the cat, a comfortable living, a nice house, rusty merc, mediocre golf handicap. What more could I ask for?

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Declining an apprenticeship with Price Waterhouse Coopers to go to university.

Daniel Cousin getting sent off in the Uefa Cup semi final for Rangers and ruining our chances of even getting near Zenit x

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
My regrets ::::::

Diving in the local pool at the shallow end and breaking my neck when I was 14.

Not going back and re-sitting 3rd year after falling so far behind due to my first piont....

Letting my best greyhound run on Friday the 13th and watching it get its leg broke by the biggest greyhound ever.

Not buying my first house until 2005. If we had got a mortgage when we got married we would have 10 years left.