Solo round - hitting a worldwide shot

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Afternoon all

Got 18 holes in early hours of this morning on my tod as I havent played so much this year.

Par 4 9th I finally get a drive away and leave myself 98 yards to the pin, open up the stance and hit a nice 52 gap wedge which takes one bounce and then disappears into the hole for my 2nd ever eagle and the 2nd time I've ever holed from the fairway.... But not a single person around to see it.

Told my regular PP via WhatsApp and he said it doesn't count as no one saw it 😀😁.....

So who else has done something similar by yourself and feels like they can't boast as they won't be believed?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some of the things I've done playing on my own. Slam dunk ace, had a putt go straight in the hole and bounce back out to me like the guy on the PGA Tour, gross 62 and had four birdies in a row. But I know I've done them and that's good enough for me. Golf is a game of honesty and integrity and if someone told me that had achieved a particular individual feat, I would believe them until their character had been proven otherwise.

Well done on the eagle!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I once went round 18 holes in 1 hr and 10 minutes and a score of 2 over gross but there was nobody on the course to confirm my achievement:D

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I once went round 18 holes in 1 hr and 10 minutes and a score of 2 over gross but there was nobody on the course to confirm my achievement:D

Thats quick going!!
I read somewhere that you do around 8-10k in a round of golf. Thats not a bad time if you were jogging it! 😂

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Most frustrating yet probably best shot i've played was second shot into a par 5.

It was right on the yardage, 200 yards out and struck a beautiful 5 iron right at the throat of the pin. Dropped and stopped and finished about an inch beyond the cup. It looked a good shot butdidnt realise it was so close initially. I'm certain it may even have lipped out to finish in the position it was in.

Tapped in for eagle. I'm almost glad I didn't get an Albatross would have been even more unbelievable with no witnesses.

Save that Albatross for some competitive play!

D

Deleted member 1418

Our 9th is a lovely, downhill par 3 - on the card 149 off the yellows. Pin at the front so playing a lot shorter - no more than 120. Decided to have a bit of fun and hit 4 balls into it one evening; all 4 finishing no more than 10 foot from the hole. Holed all 4 putts.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When on my own and nobody witnessed or even around to verify as I pick ball out of hole:

> My only H-i-1
> A recent 2nd ball eagle. Two tee shots to pretty much same place on fairway: hit 1st ball wedge over green and out of bounds; hit 2nd ball wedge into the hole :)
> My favourite. Last summer. Par 5. Playing two balls. Two BIG cracking drives - two BIG cracking 5is. 1st ball 10yds short left of green; 2nd ball onto the green - Wowser enough! First ball - looking for up and down for birdie - holed it for an eagle. 2nd ball - might as well hole the 20ft putt. I did. Two balls - Two eagles. Not a sole about.

Ah well. Me and the big man upstairs know the truth of it :)

Last edited:

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Same old story... Played last friday night on my own...
Played 9 holes to 39, so 3 over (Playing off 20). Everything was going well and putts were dropping for 10-15ft every time. Que the medal the next morning, driving there i was really confident i could go low and i go and shoot 102. 57 on the front 9. Doh !