Solar panels

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I have them, got them when the tariff was fantastic and would urge others to do so. However the cold callers wanting to buy the tariff. Sell batteries etc is a ball ache. Just had a cold caller tell me my energy usage is high. I told him I produce most of it myself via solar. He said “ do you have electricity “. Er cheerio plank. Anyone else got solar and get the same calls.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A few people who got in early are finding the panel efficiency has dropped considerably: is that your experience?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Solar panels are a good environmentally energy source. I'm not happy with the way they have been subsidised by government though, it means poorer people are subsidising the energy use of better off people who can afford them.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Solar panels are a good environmentally energy source. I'm not happy with the way they have been subsidised by government though, it means poorer people are subsidising the energy use of better off people who can afford them.

That's a good point, notwithstanding the motive which was to get the take up moving of environment friendly energy source.

Tashyboy

Visit site
A few people who got in early are finding the panel efficiency has dropped considerably: is that your experience?
Mine up to yet have been fantastic. I was fortunate in the sense my brother was an authorised installer so the panels at the time were very good. A lot of installers apparently but in bang average panels to cut cost and increase profits.

Tashyboy

Visit site
For me the Major problem Was the big energy companies knew there was serious money to be made. The government put a sum aside to encourage people like me to invest in solar that money was gobbled up so quickly by the energy companies that the government pulled the plug early on the scheme. The government could and should of made the scheme available to home owners only.