PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Results in for last month

Billed cost £68.21
Export £1.16
Cost without system £220.36
Savings this month £153.3

Next month will be different, new charger is in, unlocking 7.5p a kw as opposed to 9p and export is going from 8p to 15p

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Results in for last month

Billed cost £68.21
Export £1.16
Cost without system £220.36
Savings this month £153.3

Next month will be different, new charger is in, unlocking 7.5p a kw as opposed to 9p and export is going from 8p to 15p
So assuming a 10k system cost, you would need 66 mths or c 5.5 years to recoup your cost.. not w bad place to be.

Next month will be our first full month of knowing how our system performs. I am not this optimist

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Weird day today. Awful weather and generation with a short 15 minutes interval of FULL scale generation.
All 3.2 kW for the 1st time. Maxed out generation, just very short.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Weird day today. Awful weather and generation with a short 15 minutes interval of FULL scale generation.
All 3.2 kW for the 1st time. Maxed out generation, just very short.

Similar... 5.9k by noon... ... and exporting too.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
though it is cold and miserable… atleast the sun is out. So done 11Kw by noon

My wet dream… Production, Saving, consumption and export .. all in 1 frame (plus I have switched on the tumble dryer)

1709467873061.png

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
though it is cold and miserable… atleast the sun is out. So done 11Kw by noon

My wet dream… Production, Saving, consumption and export .. all in 1 frame (plus I have switched on the tumble dryer)

View attachment 52193

I'm up to 6 ATM, it's filling up the battery nicely

I don't think I'll run out of battery as often in winter now.. when the cheap hours ended at 04:30 I used to run out earliest 8pm

So now cheap hours runs until 05:30 that's 9pm earliest . With 11:30 start even if I do run out it's a nominal cost

Happy days

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A quick question for those who have batteries, what is your average daily use vs total battery capacity? I’m trying to see if it’s worth getting enough batteries to last me 24 hours or if it’s OTT 😂

I’m told the big advantage to have all batteries installed together with the solar (as opposed to adding more later) is that you then benefit from 0 VAT rate.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A quick question for those who have batteries, what is your average daily use vs total battery capacity? I’m trying to see if it’s worth getting enough batteries to last me 24 hours or if it’s OTT 😂

I’m told the big advantage to have all batteries installed together with the solar (as opposed to adding more later) is that you then benefit from 0 VAT rate.

Batteries are now 0% vat regardless so solar doesn't matter

My battery is 13.5kwh

My average daily usage is 26kwh

I load shift, put as much in my cheap 6 hours as possible

Then any extra solar helps me through

Only need about 3kw to be fine which is normally achievable

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I have about 7Kwh.. i could not afford more.. I will be planning to add more - though I can’t run the house on battery alone (since I don’t have an isolation switch to be used in case of a power disruption)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have about 7Kwh.. i could not afford more.. I will be planning to add more - though I can’t run the house on battery alone (since I don’t have an isolation switch to be used in case of a power disruption)

You should have one added in time, easy for a sparky to sort out

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Batteries are now 0% vat regardless so solar doesn't matter

My battery is 13.5kwh

My average daily usage is 26kwh

I load shift, put as much in my cheap 6 hours as possible

Then any extra solar helps me through

Only need about 3kw to be fine which is normally achievable
Thank you for the reply. What tariff are you on? I'm Octopus Agile at the moment, no EV just yet.

Is you battery a Tesla? Do you normally top it up during off peak hours from the grid? Anything to watch out for in getting all of this together (inverter, panels etc). The installer tells me that if it's a Tesla battery it has to have some special data cable from the inverter and be close/connected to the supply point (where the meter is?) With everything coming with their control/monitoring apps, was it a hassle to get it all working together?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. What tariff are you on? I'm Octopus Agile at the moment, no EV just yet.

Is you battery a Tesla? Do you normally top it up during off peak hours from the grid? Anything to watch out for in getting all of this together (inverter, panels etc). The installer tells me that if it's a Tesla battery it has to have some special data cable from the inverter and be close/connected to the supply point (where the meter is?) With everything coming with their control/monitoring apps, was it a hassle to get it all working together?

I'm with octopus intelligent go ATM , just switched from normal go

Tesla powerwall yes is my battery

I top up every night to 100% from the grid during the cheap hours

I'm not sure about this data cable, unless their talking about it uses their gateway which is the brains

It was very easy to get working. It's like apple. No control but just works

If you want to stay on agile I'd get a different make of battery and use home assistant to charge with the agile hours, Tesla is very much hands off and it controls itself

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a day... 18.3K generated. full battery and 7.5k exported.

If the maths is right..
7.5k exported > £1.1
10.8k consumed > £3.2 avoided cost

So net saving today has been a princely £4.3 ... I will take that. I means if I do this on a daily basis, it only need 9 years to pay off the panels

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a day... 18.3K generated. full battery and 7.5k exported.

If the maths is right..
7.5k exported > £1.1
10.8k consumed > £3.2 avoided cost

So net saving today has been a princely £4.3 ... I will take that. I means if I do this on a daily basis, it only need 9 years to pay off the panels

Today was also good for me

12 produced
3 exported which is enough to cover the standing charge. Perfect
I've done 2 washes and 3 tumbles today. Plus a dishwasher.. and the battery only dropped back below 100% at 2pm.. it's now 73% so plenty to see me through

I imported 10.5kw of electric today at 7.5p a unit (79p) plus standing charge of 42p is £1.21

Minus 45p for the export that's 76p for the entire day.

Total that's 3 washes , 3 tumbles, a dishwasher, dinner for the kids and dinner for us later

Plus the sitting around just running the house

I can live with that

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We produced more yesterday than today. Are we the odd one out?

Realised on Saturday that the angle of the house is not quite letting us use the 4pm sun just yet.

Also, looking at the MCS certificate February was running as expected. January was 50% up on forecast.