• Metal

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Other (If chosen, what?)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the subject say, soft or metal spies?

Reason I ask, is last time out on the course, we had a heavy frost and the soft spikes were collecting leaves and frost, so much so i had to keep stopping to clean the soles of my shoes.

So I checked my courses rule, regs and dress code and metal spikes are allowed, so I've bought a set and I've got them on my shoes ready for tomorrow. Hopefully the leaf collection will be a lot less.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Metal spikes will be slightly better in these conditions - but only slightly in my experience.

You'll still have to give the shoes a wallop occasionally. And you'll feel slightly taller too!

Just take care and don't take the game too seriously. The score is not the highest priority in these conditions imo!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a big problem with soft spikes collecting frost last week, stingers are at the top of the shopping list for next month, although new irons may have squeezed the budget ... Whoops

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bet some of the younger players have never even seen a metal spike. Used to love the noise they made when you crunched down a gravel path.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm assuming now, but if a Course bans metal spikes and you turn up with Pro-Stingers (a mix of cleat and spike) you'll have to change them..?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm assuming now, but if a Course bans metal spikes and you turn up with Pro-Stingers (a mix of cleat and spike) you'll have to change them..?

I have never played a course in the UK where metal spikes are banned. On the continent and USA yes, but not here.

G

guest100718

Just put a set of pro stingers in my FJs. They remind me of how golf used to sound :)