SM7 Vokey Wedge with graphite shaft query

Fabia999

Visit site
Hey all,

I currently have a 44 degree Cleveland PW, 52 sm7 vokey GW and a 56 degree sm7 vokey SW and I want to reduce the gap by adding a 48 degree wedge.

I would like this to be an sm7 vokey to finish my set. However, both my vokeys have a Tensei CK series AMC IR flex-A shaft on them and I can't find any 48 degree wedges with this shaft.

Whats my best option? giving up and going with a different brand or buying the shaft separately and changing it?

cheers in advance

D

Deleted member 23344

Flex-A is senior flex. Is that what you need/use?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Most players who take an interest keep the same shaft as their irons in there gap and go softer and heavier in sand and lob. So conventional wisdom would be go with whats in your iron set...

A few new coaches, like Gareth Reflewski are bucking the trend and recommending lighter shafts in wedges, so your milage may vary...

It may be worth getting a standard 48, trying it for a few rounds, see what success you have, and then make the call about changing the shaft?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd challenge your need to 'fill the gap' in the first place! Do you actually know what your PW and GW distances are - for full, 3/4 and half swings? Do you actually have those 3 swings in your armoury?

Remember that coming up short is more often the result of (often unconscious) fear of going too far as opposed to not having the right club for the shot.

Fabia999

Visit site
I'd challenge your need to 'fill the gap' in the first place! Do you actually know what your PW and GW distances are - for full, 3/4 and half swings? Do you actually have those 3 swings in your armoury?

Remember that coming up short is more often the result of (often unconscious) fear of going too far as opposed to not having the right club for the shot.

Good question. I'm very confident with my GW and all of those swings. PW is a little less but I'm still confident. both on full swing there is a 25-30ish yard gap which i think a 48 degree wedge would solve.

EDIT: I have a spare slot and i want a new shiny club.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Good question. I'm very confident with my GW and all of those swings. PW is a little less but I'm still confident. both on full swing there is a 25-30ish yard gap which i think a 48 degree wedge would solve.

EDIT: I have a spare slot and i want a new shiny club.
:D
Indeed, the tug of a new shiny is hard to resist!

Can't help much with the shaft issue. Best to check with your Pro shop. Having the same shaft does help consistency, but having a different one isn't THAT big of a deal in wedges - as long as it is suitable and doesn't become one in your head!