SkyTrak Golf Simulator

MarkK1980

Visit site
Hi,

I’m looking to buy a golf simulator and the SkyTrak seems to be the cheapest on the market. Does anybody here have any experience (good or bad) in using the SkyTrak?

I’ve been keeping my eye out for one of these for a while now and I have just noticed one on gumtree for £2,200 - which includes simulator software worth 1000 US dollars. Does anyone know if this is a good deal? Or can I get cheaper elsewhere? And if so, where?

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
I have one, and for the money it's probably the best out there at the moment. Good ball data and plenty of stats in the Skytrak app. I am guessing the simulator software is TGC?
At that price I would be tempted to go for an official Skytrak refurb and then buy TGC, it saves all the hassle of transfer of ownership and you will get a 6 month warranty on the Skytrak. Probably won't work out that much more expensive.
Word of warning mine is currently broken and only a year and a half old, they don't repair them in the UK so if anything goes wrong and you are out of warranty it has to go back to the US and this all adds to the cost. The fault mine developed has happened to a fair few people and it's costing £350, so something to be wary of.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
mine is currently up for sale on ebay! haha

Its an incredible bit of kit but the number is get outside were so far out its made it pointless me having it. I tested it at home (in the garden), then took it to my local shops and the numbers indoors were spot on.

So i've decided to sell until we get the extension built, then i'll rebuy it.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got one as well. Great bit of kit. I brought a refurb unit about 18 months ago and haven't had any issues.

I don't tend to use the simulator features so can't comment on that. I do use it for practice in the garden and up the range.

Ball flight seems to be pretty accurate when i use it at the range. Occasionally it'll throw up a weird one, but not often enough for it to be a problem.

I like it for practicing wedge distances and also seeing how swing changes move flight and distances as well.

hidrake

Visit site
I’m in the States and I’ve had great success with my SkyTrak, been using it for the last two and a half years. The only downside I’ve noticed is the delay from when the ball is hit to when it shows up on the screen, which I got down to 3 seconds by upgrading my laptop, and putting is a little off sometimes.

Outdoors it does ok if it’s not in direct sunlight. Indoors is where it really shines. I’ve had almost no problem with reads indoors and I feel like what I hit and the data feedback is pretty accurate to what I actually hit on the course.

I added the TGC software to mine for the multiplayer and 150,000 courses. The graphics are fantastic, I think hard to pass based on the price point.

Overall I’d say that for me SkyTrak has been a great launch monitor and has worked great for my indoor sim.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if I'm comparing like for like (never owned and out of my price league), and I appreciate your thread was last August but online golf just sent me an offer saying £200 off SkyCaddie.

https://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/access...rsonal-launch-monitor-&-simulator-293794.html

Looks to be priced at £1,695 plus you'd get a load of points to use against other golf equipment. Thought I'd mention it given I saw the thread yesterday and you may still be in the market for one. Obviously if it is £500 cheaper than the one you brought then sorry for mentioning it!