skycaddie sg5

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not much more I can say about it. Not sure I'd go the whole hog and upgrade to the SGX or whatever the newest model is and if there was the same number of models around 3 years ago when I got the SG5 I might have hunted around for something different.

If does what it is designed to do very well. Never had a problem with the unit and it has helped my game a lot

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've only ever used the clip on my trolly bag. I usually stick it in my pocket if I'm carrying and to be honest don't really like it on the trolly either. The clip nevers strikes me as being that robust and I'm fearful of going for a yardage and discover its fallen off somewhere

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use the adapter that attaches my SGX to my trolley. I stick a snap hook through the hole which then just attaches to one of the rings on my bag. It's a lot more secure than using the belt clip.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Said it before and will probably say it again....

I've got a spare digital camera strap - the type that has a thin but strong cord that you feed through a lug on the camera and a thicker wrist band. Using the cord, I formed a secure loop and tied it around the stud that the belt clip fixes on (you can still use the clip) and fix the strap to a suitable secure point on my bag (I use a small carabena). You can still clip the unit onto your bag in a suitable location safe in the knowledge that if the belt clip works loose, the worst that can happen is that the unit will be dangling from the security strap.

Any similar system should work.

If you really want I'll take, and post, a piccie tomorrow.

Oh! I've got the 2.5 and I'm assuming that your model has the same type of stud for the belt clip.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now THAT is a great idea.........I'm willing to invest £35, but for that I want half of the company.....otherwise....I'm out!! :D