Sky mark

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well I've only gone and done. My lovely m2 driver which has been the answere to all my prayers is ruined. She's gone from a thing of beauty to an eyesore.
Today I've gone and put a huge sky mark on the crown of it. I don't mind a small scratch I could live with that but this thing is gastly I hate looking at it. It's gone right through the paint layers and is deep.
Don't suppose anyone could recommend a company who can refinish the head at all?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
There's plenty that offer a repair service. If you use the forum search function there's plenty of threads.

Have you tried Tippex? :smirk:

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I marked the top of my M2 driver.

Although it was 'discarding' it towards my bag, rather than a sky mark :rofl:

My wife filled it in using white nail varnish so it's no longer a distraction at address!

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I marked the top of my M2 driver.

Although it was 'discarding' it towards my bag, rather than a sky mark :rofl:

My wife filled it in using white nail varnish so it's no longer a distraction at address!

Ah I didn't even think of nail varnish. I know what you mean about distraction at address I couldn't stop staring at it.
Haha discarding the club 😂

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've watched a YouTube video after a lot of trawling through the internet. I've ordered some paint and a will get a car scratch repair kit so hopefully I'll be able to do it my self. It's just a case of adding a couple of layers and using wet and dry. Then polish it all off to finish.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ohm1sri2ELI

dont waste your money just buy some 2000 grit sand paper off ebay and keep it wet. the reason i asked you to post a photo is because I've done this many times and it works well in some cases.

you'd also be amazed how many shades of white there is. Helfords brilliant white is a perfect match

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
dont waste your money just buy some 2000 grit sand paper off ebay and keep it wet. the reason i asked you to post a photo is because I've done this many times and it works well in some cases.

you'd also be amazed how many shades of white there is. Helfords brilliant white is a perfect match

I'm not sure how to post a photo. Ah ok so just a normal 2000 sand paper. Would that still leave a glossy finish or would I need finer?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure how to post a photo. Ah ok so just a normal 2000 sand paper. Would that still leave a glossy finish or would I need finer?

2000 is fine enough. use a generous amount of paint so it sits proud of the crown. then sand away for ages. when you think you've almost polished it level then switch to t-cut and that will finish it off and bring the shine back

2000 grit is about as abrasive as a piece of paper 😁

Last edited:

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ah I didn't even think of nail varnish. I know what you mean about distraction at address I couldn't stop staring at it.
Haha discarding the club 
It was one of those moments when you really do think to yourself 'Why on Earth have I just done that?!'

Was genuinely gutted at the time!

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Did mine earlier in the year so feel your pain! Place in Glasgow quoted me £60. I've not actually done mine yet.

Thats more than I spent on all my equipment put together!

Hope the paint fix goes well, personally i'd have been in the nail varnish camp as well, that stuff is so much more versatile that it makes out to be... hope my other half never catches my stealing it, may get the wrong idea.

You should post the fix!