Skiers - Ski trips Alps, holiday shares views or advice

U

User62651

Skiing!

Looking at a week in the Alps preferably in late Jan 2018, poss early Feb before school mid terms. Kids/Mrs dont want to go this year so I'm on my Jack Jones, don't have any ski buddies really.

Anyone booked a group holiday looking for places to fill?

or anyone know of solos ski holidays with single rooms as part of the deal without huge price hikes for lone occupancy?

Would like to keep the whole week (travel/accom/meals+drink/skipass) to around a £1,000 or lower. Simple package deal with all taken care of would be easier when only doing a week but open to ideas or a DIY hol.

Preferable option of Glasgow/Edinburgh for flights but could do Manchester if needs be.

Ta in advance for any sensible advice.

You might ask why put this on a golf forum but just putting this out there in case it opens any doors for me.;)

Golfers ski and skiers golf in my experience.:cool:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depending on what you are after, the are a few options.

If you want to learn to week off piste or ski touring, try the eagles ski club.
For more general stuff, snowheads have big organised meets or find a friend options.

There's also the ski club of gb, but my first preference would be one of the above.

Alternatively, book a cheap deal yourself in a place where Brits to and then join the ski school. You'll probably be with a bunch that you'll get along with.

Visit site
Try

www.snowheads.com

Generally a pretty friendly forum and they have regular 'bashes' where groups go out to different areas and are meant to be great places to ski with like minded people.

PS I'm not actually a newbie here but have forgotten all my log in details.