single seat buggies

OAP

Visit site
Morning all, unfortunately it has come time for me to be using a buggy due to ill health, have been looking at single seat electric ones, I have access to a purpose built individual brick built shed/garage at the golf club which has a mains electricity supply.
The buggy will be kept there most of the time only being moved if course is closed for opens/county matches etc when the 4 ball i play with go somewhere else for the day, maybe 4/5 times a year. Also would like to connect charger and leave it for a few days safely.
Cars available to transport it are a BMW 520 saloon and a Fiesta 3 door hatchback.
Should say i play in Norfolk so pretty flat but on occasion there are hilly courses, think Bawburgh !
Any advice greatly appreciated

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been on a buggy for over 30 years have only ever had PowaKaddy (now Electrokart) and Grasshopper but I have seen a lot of other makes being used by other members.

I would highly recommend Grasshopper, around 70% of the buggy users where I play have that make.

Patterson products appear to be good one my mates uses one that has been owned by 3 different members and is still going well (with regular maintenance).

Do not buy the very cheap Chinese ones you see on places like Ebay every person I know who has had one regretted buying it.

Definitely buy a 4 wheeler and not a 3 wheeler

I think you need the hatchback to get it in to your car without dismantling it. They do dismantle but are very heavy. If you know some one worth one worth checking to see if it fits.

Always worth checking with the club that there is buggy space we have a waiting list for our buggy spaces.

OAP

Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, have been looking at the Grasshopper and also the Eventer 4 from Pattersons both seem pretty robust, also been looking at some 3 wheelers but think i'll take your advice re 4 wheels.
Already have a buggy shed as currently have a Yamaha 2 seat petrol buggy
Once again thanks for the advice.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As Jim said. Avoid 3 wheelers. Twice I've seen them overturn. Can't help on the rest of your query though.

OAP

Visit site
Thanks for all the advice, have bitten the bullet and just bought one. It's a used Patterson Eventer 4 in mint condition, have upgraded it to a 40 Ah Lithium battery, won't get it for a couple of weeks as going for a full service and battery upgrade first.
Anyone want to buy a Yamaha 2 seat petrol buggy £800 LOL

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I've been on a golf cart [as we call buggies] since I was young and in perfect health,
a which is probably disgraceful,
but I had some friends who would only play that way.

I did enjoy walking the course a great deal in those days, especially the more walkable ones.

Our course has both electric AND petrol carts--
you don't know which you're going to get--
and I don't have a preference.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been on a golf cart [as we call buggies] since I was young and in perfect health,
a which is probably disgraceful,
but I had some friends who would only play that way.

I did enjoy walking the course a great deal in those days, especially the more walkable ones.

Our course has both electric AND petrol carts--
you don't know which you're going to get--
and I don't have a preference.
in the UK single seater buggy is one of these (which the OP has bought)or similar

Patterson11-262x334.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loos slick, but why the shopping basket on the front?

Having something like that on the front of the buggy is really useful.
I just use an insulated bag.
Holds my drinks, food, all the balls I find, spare towel, gloves/mittens

All much more convenient to get to them than having them in a pocket on the golf bag which is behind you.