Should I have a matching shaft in my hybrid as I have in my driver

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I recently got Titleist 915 D2 driver 9.5 with 60 Diamana stiff flex shaft.... I absolutely love it- goes further than previous driver but dispersion also so much tighter!!! Only had it out a few times but hitting it like a dream

Love it so much considering getting matching hybrid but want to know if I should get same shaft or is there any reason to get a different shaft? In shop I seen 3 hybrid with both 60 Diamana blue shaft and 70 diamana red shaft

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would recommend you go and try them, but you would expect a hybrid shaft to be heavier than the driver shaft, also you dont say what colour driver shaft you have? would expect you want the same or slightly higher spin shaft in the hybrid, but again trying them will give you the best answer

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Turkish be careful, I had the motore f1 in driver and 3w and loved them stuck the same spec in the hybrids and unless my swing was bang on they were shocking!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Depends what you want your hybrid to play like.

I want my hybrid to fly higher but still forward without ballooning so choose a shaft type weight and flex to attain that.

Different set up completely if I wanted it to be consistently lower.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have Titleist 915 series and I was fitted for the same shaft in each but at different weights.

I have diamana d+ (whiteboard), stiff, in 70g (driver), 80g(3w), 90g (2hy)

Works for me. But I had the opportunity to try them on trackman, so was happy that they would work. Wouldn't automatically recommend the same to someone else.

60g is very light for a hybrid btw.