Shot scope V3

Springveldt

Visit site
Switched from Garmin to Shotscope a few months ago and I love it. Stats are far better and I've never had any trouble with it missing shots etc. I do need to adjust the putting sometimes as it does get the pin position or length of putt wrong now and again.

I've also had to contact them a couple of times about the mapping at my course as one of the tee boxes was wrong, as was one of the greens. They usually update it within a day.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
I’ve got one. Also got Arccos at the mo as my new set of clubs came with them, as soon as the free trial runs out I’m going back to the shotscope though. Really like the watch itself, it’s comfortable to wear and it just gives you everything you need in a very simple way. The tracking worked really well too, very rarely missed a shot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very interested in any long term feedback. I was using a manual system (Scoresaver 2) but haven't collected any stats for a few years. Was contemplating Game Golf again as I had used them as well but was under the impression they had gone out of business

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have had one since may this year and very happy with it. Yes you have to edit your rounds but i enjoy that. One criticism would be that if you use a 7 iron for a bump and run around the green it will still be included in your overall stats for a 7 iron

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have had one since may this year and very happy with it. Yes you have to edit your rounds but i enjoy that. One criticism would be that if you use a 7 iron for a bump and run around the green it will still be included in your overall stats for a 7 iron

I stand to be corrected but I read somewhere, and it may even be another stat collecting system, that in the next upgrade there was going to be a facility to flag these shots as specific short game shots. Does that apply then to the wedges as well and short pitches and chips into greens. Does that impact the distances?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stand to be corrected but I read somewhere, and it may even be another stat collecting system, that in the next upgrade there was going to be a facility to flag these shots as specific short game shots. Does that apply then to the wedges as well and short pitches and chips into greens. Does that impact the distances?
Yes as far as I know it across the board for all clubs alas , so yes in you averages it will affect them but you can see from your individual rounds what your distances are

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Yes as far as I know it across the board for all clubs alas , so yes in you averages it will affect them but you can see from your individual rounds what your distances are

It automatically takes out short game and positional shots for the overall averages. It’ll include duff shots but the performance average takes those out too.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
It automatically takes out short game and positional shots for the overall averages. It’ll include duff shots but the performance average takes those out too.
I've just checked my average distances under the approach section and my wedges come out at least 10 yards less than I know i hit them so have assumed it was the little feel shots included in them ?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
It shouldn’t be. Are your performance averages the same?

It should be doing this -

https://shotscope.com/blog/stats/understanding-shot-scope-statistics-club-distances/
Performance averages are around 10 yards longer than playing which is about right as i understand that's your absolute best I think , but my 54 and 58 degrees wedges are spot on. Putter average is 99 yards for some reason !! has there been an update on the dash board ? Seems a lot of detail I hadn't seen before but am liking :)(y)

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
Performance averages are around 10 yards longer than playing which is about right as i understand that's your absolute best I think , but my 54 and 58 degrees wedges are spot on. Putter average is 99 yards for some reason !! has there been an update on the dash board ? Seems a lot of detail I hadn't seen before but am liking :)(y)

The performance averages are for when you’re hitting it well rather than absolute best as such, so gets rid of a lot of the outliers. Ha, are you sure your putter is linked to the right club?

There was an update a few months ago. I haven’t used it much recently as currently using Arccos on free trial. Think the shotscope is a much nicer system and dashboard to use though (and Im not a fan of having my phone in my front pocket all the time!)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The performance averages are for when you’re hitting it well rather than absolute best as such, so gets rid of a lot of the outliers. Ha, are you sure your putter is linked to the right club?

There was an update a few months ago. I haven’t used it much recently as currently using Arccos on free trial. Think the shotscope is a much nicer system and dashboard to use though (and Im not a fan of having my phone in my front pocket all the time!)
Thanks, I keep my phone in the bag as all the data is on the watch