Short 9 hole course/par 3 near a uk holiday destination.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So, with Florida golf postponed until next year, I’m hoping to book somewhere in the uk at the end of August. It would be an amazing coincidence ? if we just happened to book near a nice short 9 hole course.

Grateful for any recommendations, for those that know the fantastic little course at Elveden forest Center Parcs that’s just perfect, takes about an hour to play so family friendly.

Zig

Visit site
We've been to Pitlochry and played nearby at Strathtay Golf Club. 9 holes, brilliant, and perfect for my 7 year old who loved it and could manage it given it's short and friendly! Pitlochry (18 holes) is fantastic too - it'd be rude not to nip out there early one morning too if you stayed in the area!! :)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Filey GC has a separate 9 hole course which is decent. 6 par 3s and 3 short par 4s. I think it's something like £25 for a week's season ticket.

There is another 9 holer just up the road at Hunmanby Hall. It's a bit rough and ready but good fun to play.

badgermat

Club Champion
Visit site
No help to your question at all, but Elveden Forest was the first golf course I ever played (not counting the old Bunny Park pitch and putt in Ealing). Lost my credit card there too, no idea how.

Back in 1993 it seemed, well, like golf. Just looked up the scorecard and can't believe how short it is. Back then I barely got my ball in the air but loved it all the same.

bm

Edited to add – when I say "short" I'm not criticising. I love a good par 3 course. Just that at the time, it seemed like a huge distance from tee to hole. Nowadays not so much.

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There is an excellent 18 hole par three course at Ramsdale Park just north of Nottingham.