shaft comparisons Matrix ozik White tie 5x3

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I currently have a Matrix Ozik white tie 5x3 S flex shaft in my driver, it goes like a rocket with the M2 /1 head, but due to the stupid head cover the shaft has worn extensively though the white cover down to the black underneath and is quite pitted.

Maxrix went bust I think and taken over, but new company don't do that version anymore.

anyone know of a similar shaft to this one or of a way of finding out a shaft of similar profile?

Action jackson

Visit site
I currently have a Matrix Ozik white tie 5x3 S flex shaft in my driver, it goes like a rocket with the M2 /1 head, but due to the stupid head cover the shaft has worn extensively though the white cover down to the black underneath and is quite pitted.

Maxrix went bust I think and taken over, but new company don't do that version anymore.

anyone know of a similar shaft to this one or of a way of finding out a shaft of similar profile?
I'd just rub down and repaint it... Sounds like its just cosmetic?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd say get yourself to a top club fitter / coach who uses a launch monitor every day.

Reasonable chance he would be able to either source the same shaft from someones stock, or an alternative with similar characteristics.

I'm have a few Cleveland clubs that have Matrix Ozik shafts, so worth having a rummage through any used club shops and seeing if the same shafts weren't used as standard on any other clubs.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

There are multiple golf shaft comparison charts online. I'm sure if you hunt around for a few minutes you will find a few with your shaft on it. They tend to be grouped in 'similar or same performance' groups, giving you several others that should have the same characteristics. I've found them in the past very good

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There are multiple golf shaft comparison charts online. I'm sure if you hunt around for a few minutes you will find a few with your shaft on it. They tend to be grouped in 'similar or same performance' groups, giving you several others that should have the same characteristics. I've found them in the past very good
i did have a search but didn't really come up with any that where of any used just reviews of shafts. its not helped by the fact Matrix went out of Business and the name bought by LA shafts, they do a white tie , but nothing like the one i use

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i did have a search but didn't really come up with any that where of any used just reviews of shafts. its not helped by the fact Matrix went out of Business and the name bought by LA shafts, they do a white tie , but nothing like the one i use

Odd - I have seen many comparison charts dating back many years so would expect at least one to have your shaft, when it first was new.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Odd - I have seen many comparison charts dating back many years so would expect at least one to have your shaft, when it first was new.
if you have the link for one that would be great, all i got was lots of shafts that were nothing like mine:(

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Look for an Oban Kiyoshi Purple or a Tensei CK Pro Blue. Another which should be slightly cheaper but worth mentioning is the UST Elements Chrome shaft.